Clinton High

There is swearing in this chapter and beatings

November's P.O.V

"Get up you fucking bitch!" My father shouted at me while kicking me in the ribs. No doubt, that will leave a bruise.

I groaned back in response, you're probably wondering why I don't fight back. Well, that's because I can't fight and I deserve it because it's my fault for what happened to my sister and mom.

If I wasn't crying about feeling sick, they wouldn't be dead. We would all be one big happy family. That isn't my reality.

After 5 hard kicks to the ribs, 2 punches to the faces and 3 kicks to my stomach, my father finally left to drink more alcohol, which is all he ever does.

I was nervous for my first day at Clinton High. Although, I have more important things to worry about, like how I am even going to make it to my bathroom when I can barely walk or feel my body.

It took me 10 minutes to walk to my bathroom but I finally made it. I decided to wear black ripped skinny jeans, grey top with white shoes and my grey backpack to put all my books for school in.

I had to apply more makeup than I usually do to hide my bruises on my face. I have to put makeup on because of my father, otherwise, I wouldn't because I don't like to but I cannot expose my secret of my father abusing me.

I didn't have enough time to sit and eat breakfast because I would be late for school. I just eat it while I walk to school which took 20 minutes. Although I don't mind, anything that gets me away from my father is amazing.

When I arrive at school I keep my head down as my father says no one should have to look at a face that is so hideous. Worst of all, I believe him too.

I was about to reach the office when I bump into what seemed like a brick wall, but it wasn't it. I rub my head and look up at a guy who is a giant compared to my height, I was only '5,3' he looked '6,3'.

The giant said "Watch where you're going bitch!"

I mumbled back to him "Sorry"

As I continued my walk to the office, I couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes on the back of my head. I knew it was the giant as I suddenly developed an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I just ignored the feeling and entered the office to collect my timetable and head to my first class. History, what a great way to start of the day, note my sarcasm. I found my classroom and walked inside to find all eyes were on me.

I hated the feeling of being stared at, I do not appreciate being noticed. After an awkward, silence, the teacher introduced himself

"Hello, there you must be the new girl, November?"

"Yes sir" I responded

"Well November... My name is Mr Winter and I will be your teacher. Now please sit down at a desk, the class just started" He said

I followed his instructions and sat down at the back of the classroom. After 5 minutes of hearing Mr Winter talk about the great depression, I shut my eyes. My ribs were killing me, I could barely take the pain.

I was about to fall into a deep slumber, I felt the same pair of eyes on me like in the hallway. I lifted my head upwards and saw the giant from before, shocker. This is going to be fun.