Awkward Dinner

The song November listens to when she is walking

November's P.O.V

I had finally reached my house and walked inside and up the stairs to my room. I was about to start packing the things I left behind when I noticed the state my room was in. It was a mess. There was shattered glass everywhere and holes in the wall. This was most definitely my father's doing.

I am guessing that he did not like the fact that I left. No longer does he have a punching bag at his beg and call. He didn't care about me, all he cared about was the fact that he couldn't beat me anymore.

After 20 minutes of packing, I managed to fit all of my belongings in bags. I knew I needed to go to Ariana's house sooner or later, and I'd rather sooner so I don't have to see my father. I started walking to Ariana's house and listened to 'Touch it by Ariana Grande'.

I finally reached the house and I saw her sprinting up to me. She suddenly pulled my body into her and gave me a bone-crushing hug. After she made sure I was okay, she gave me a glare

She said "Where the fuck where you? I was looking everywhere for you!" 

I felt really guilty, I should have told her where I was going, but I just left in the heat of the moment. She didn't have to worry about me, I hate it when people do.

I replied "I'm sorry, I just went back to my house and packed my stuff that I left behind to bring over here"

She was not expecting me to say that her facial expression showed shock.

She said "You are the toughest person I have ever met in my entire life. You are so strong November" 

I couldn't help but to think the exact opposite of myself. I was not strong. I was weak and ugly, just like my father said. It's sad that I still believe him, it's hard as it was the only thing I'd hear from him for years. All he'd say is how fat or ugly I was.

I decided to brush the feeling away and just nod. I still don't believe what she said. We walked into her house and she said

"Dinner should be ready in about half an hour, so I will help you unpack your stuff and then we will go down and have dinner ok?" 

"Okay" I said

After half an hour, we had finished unpacking my things and went down to have dinner. I was a nervous wreck to see Trystan. We walked into the kitchen and we saw Ariana's parents and Trystan already seated. I felt a little guilty because they were waiting for us.

During the dinner, Trystan kept kicking my chair trying to get my attention. I kept ignoring him as I don't really give a shit what he has to say. I have been hurt too many times by people. I am not making the same mistake again. I am not that stupid.

Trystan's P.O.V

My parents and I were waiting at the dining table for November and Ariana to finish unpacking her things. My parents had recently gotten back from their business trip and were exhausted from the flights, which was understandable. With that thought in mind, I turned around and finally saw them come down. I saw guilt in November's eyes when she realised that we were waiting for them. 

She had then sat down, following suit to Ariana and we started eating dinner. I had tried to get November's attention by kicking her chair, but it didn't work. She was ignoring me.

 I had to tell her that what she saw in school with Brittany and I was a misunderstanding. I had to explain myself. I will have to force her to talk to me after dinner.