Truth Hurts

Brittany Above

November's P.O.V

I walked back into Ariana's room where all the girls were and noticed that they were pacing back and forth. I spotted Ariana and she said to me

"Where have you been?"

I said "I went to the park" 

I didn't want to tell them about Trystan because I didn't quite understand it myself. Ariana didn't look convinced, but thankfully she didn't ask me again. All of us walked downstairs into the kitchen for lunch. I turned around the corner and I saw Trystan sitting at the dining table eating a sandwich. 

I couldn't face him today so I tried to walk back upstairs but sadly Hayley grabbed my arm and said 

"The kitchen is this way"

I playfully glared at her. She knew the real reason why I didn't want to stay in the kitchen, but she didn't say it out loud. I don't want everyone to hear what she wanted to say to me. The girls and I just walked past him and went to make ourselves sandwiches. 

When we finished, he was still sitting at the table and Ariana had just happened to leave the last seat beside him. Thanks, Ariana! Not... The girls started talking about how fun last night was while I zoned out and thought about how close he was sitting next to me.

After lunch, the girls all of a sudden jumped up and ran away before I could join them. Great. Just great... This isn't going to awkward... Trystan noticed they left and turned towards me and said 

"Look November, I know why you have to live with us. Don't worry nobody told me, I found out on my own"

I wondered if it was noticeable about what my father did to me.

Trystan said "I am sorry November about last night, but I want you to now that I like you a lot. I know you probably think I am doing this to get into your pants, but I actually like you and I want to be with you"

Next day ( At school)

November P.O.V

I stayed at Ariana's last night and I will be staying for a while, but after Trystan told me that he like me, I went straight to my bedroom and fell asleep. I know that I shouldn't have left him hanging like that, but it takes a lot for me to trust someone.

Especially because he wasn't the nicest to me when we first meet. I just need to take things slow and think about what I want and need. I'm not sure if I was making the right decision on giving him a chance. I do think I like him too, so I may give him a chance and I'll just have to tell him at school.

I woke up at 7 o'clock with an hour to spare before school started. I wore a high waist black skirt which came to my mid-thigh with a black crop top, white leather jacket and white converse. I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed an apple to see Ariana waiting for me so we can leave.

On the car ride to school, I started to think about how I didn't see Trystan this morning. That is normally unusual as leaves the same time as us, but he could always have another commitment on. 

Although I couldn't help but notice that in the pit of my stomach I had a bad feeling. A feeling that something horrible was going to happen today. I just ignored that feeling and blamed it on my hungry belly. 

Ariana and I arrived at school and we started to walk down the corridors. We reached my locked and suddenly Ariana gasped. That was a bad sign as she only did that when she was worried and surprised. 

I turned to her completely and said 

"What's the matter Ariana?"

 She turned my body towards the way we came and said 

"Let's go find the girl's and go to the library" 

Now I know something is up. I turned around to see what she was looking at before. 

My heart dropped and shattered into pieces.

I saw Trystan pushing Brittany up against my locker while sticking his tongue down her throat. All I wanted to do was go into a ball and cry. I had let my walls down to him and he said he likes me but is kissing FUCKING BRITTANY.

I felt so many emotions all at once. Betrayal, regret, shame and sadness. I'm so stupid for ever thinking that someone like Trystan would like someone like me. I mean, I get beat by my father none stop. Who could ever like me?

I boulted out of the school doors and left the building. I started running in the direction of the woods beside our school. I kept running until I couldn't see my school. I could hear voices calling my name. I don't care anymore. I promised myself that I would never have my heart broken again. I let myself down, once again. I am never going to put my guard down again.