three

"So how was your day at school?" my mother asks coldly as she sips her soup.

"It was okay," I shrug.

"What do you mean, just 'okay'?" she imitates me.

"You know I hate school," I scoff.

"That is because you don't have a social life. You don't talk to boys nor girls, you got no friends. Such an embarrassment," she shoots at me a dirty look as if I was rat.

"Stop treating me like shit, mom," I say.

"I don't treat you like that at all, honey. You just simply are rude to your own mother and there you win the prize for 'Rudest Daughter,'" she smiles.

"What?"

"You don't respect me, Teresa," she raises her voice. "Ever since your father left, you were a completely different person. You changed so much. It's like his departure corrupted your state of mind. Locking yourself in your room, doing god knows what, not talking to other teenagers, your grades have been dropping."

Maybe she was right. Maybe I am a corrupted person.

"You are no lady yet," she points at me in disgust.

"Mom, I don't care what you think about my 'corrupted' self," words began to spill out. "It's not like you're going to help me find a career or help me achieve in life. The only shit you can do is bring people down, especially your god damn daughter. Why did you even start this fight? If only you are the corrupted one here."

I push out my chair and stand up. "You're no lady yet." I push in my chair and storm upstairs to my room. I fall on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. That fight was so irrelevant. She started to fight over some dumb shit that was partly not true. I might be a corrupted person and I might not be a "lady" yet.. And maybe my mother was right. I don't socialize, I post pornography, I don't respect my body and I was no lady.

My phone was blowing up with notifications. I take a look at the screen and people were liking my new video on SSA. Comments were popping of me having such a gorgeous body and other things. I start getting ready for bed because with the bitchy mom I have, I lost my appetite. I brush my teeth and change into some old clothes. I lay in bed and hug my pillow.

God, this night is going to be a long one.

—skips to Monday—

"Bye Mom," I say and walk out the door.

I ride the bus to school, because I still had no car. And no job. I guess my grades were actually dropping. My GPA dropped terribly to a 2.9.

I wait at the bus stop. I start staring at my surroundings until I see a boy walking towards the bus stop.

His face was beautiful. Carved by the gods or something. His arm muscles hid under his sweater. His lips were so plump and oh so kissable. His jawline was so structured and sharp.

I was staring too much so I turn my head. Thankfully, he was looking down at his phone so he had no idea that I stared at him for a moment. He stands at a distance from me. I guess he will be waiting for the bus. I felt so intimidated by him.

You should say something, Teresa. 

"Y-"

"You go to- oh, you were gonna talk," he chuckles.

His voice was music to my ears.

"Yeah, I was but, um, go ahead," I try not to smile as much.

"Do you go to Marshall?" he asks.

"Yeah, and you?" I nod.

"Yeah, my parents wanted to move out here so here I am," he opens up his arms wide.

I see the bus coming to our stop. Then I see a boy panting and running from not too far.

"Fuck, thanks for waiting on me, asshole," he breaths heavily.

"No problem," the boy pats his brother's back. Or twin? They looked somewhat similar. They had their differences like where their moles were, their face structure and height. They were both such pretty boys.

The bus door slides open and me and the boy walk over to the entrance at the same time but we stop. He looks up at me and tells me to go first.

"No, you go," I chuckle. I felt my cheeks blushing. My face was heating up as if the sun was shining over me but it was winter.

"Ladies first," he raises an eyebrow.

"Fine, I'll go," his brother runs up the stairs and gets on the bus.

He shakes his head, smiling. 

"Fine," I groan.

The bus driver rolls his eyes at us. I take the window seat behind his brother. The boy seemed like he wanted to sit next to me but-

"Bro," his brother pats the seat next to him in front of me.

He turns his head to his brother and sits next to him. He looks over at me and turns back around.

Oh well. Next time..

I wanted to watch his every move. He was so beautiful. He was so perfect. I cross my leg under my other one making my body rise a bit. He takes out his phone and starts tapping the screen. My eyes somehow stare down at his screen until I notice a similar image.

SSA.

He was scrolling down his feed. He double taps on a video but my eyes couldn't quite catch what video, and he begins watching it. That is when my heart dropped to my feet. I feel my phone make a buzz. My shaking hand takes out my phone from my back pocket and I look down at my lit up screen.

"GDolan liked your video."

gotta blast