thirty two

a few days later...

(still Grayson's POV)

I looked out my window every day to see if Teresa had come back from the hospital.

"Aye, you wanted this right?" Ethan gives me a white paper bag with a brownie in it.

"Yeah," I open it and eat a piece of it.

"You're a stoner now?" he asks.

"Don't fucking ask," I look back out the window.

"Jesus christ, I'm just asking," he says. "It's been like almost two weeks Grayson, what if she didn't survive."

"Shut the fuck up! Just fucking leave me alone!" I yell.

"Move the fuck on," he walks away.

I wanted to punch him in the face but he was my brother.

Maybe she's still in the hospital, recovering.

Her mom could've called me if something ever happened or if the surgery went well. But after what she told me, I doubt she would think I care about her daughter.

An hour passed and I was still there at my window. I was waiting for her presence. Waiting to see her beautiful face that I miss so much. The piece of that brownie made me then forget why I was even there at my window. Yet all I thought about was her. Just standing there and tripping out. I thought this was supposed to numb out your feelings. Not make you feel your sadness.

weeks later..

I waited there. She wasn't coming any time fucking soon. Everytime I took xanax or smoked a gram of weed, my thoughts kept coming to me more and more. My emotions were all over the place. I could laugh without a care in the world and then cry like someone died.

I never wanted to come to that conclusion. I know she's out there. Recovering from her wounds. Maybe she had to take a long trip to forget.

She's not dead.

She's probably so alive and well. Maybe I never deserved her. She never deserved me.

But she's not dead. She is not dead.

and that is the end of this story 💔
I hope you guys enjoyed this story but I enjoyed writing this 😭

lesson of this story is that people should not be exposing themselves out there to the world. a wrong decision can cause a worse storm. i'm not forcing y'all but ya know, i'm suggesting that y'all shouldn't expose yourselves. especially to people you may not or may trust. i mean it's your body you do you, but don't let this decision maybe ruin your life. this is the message i was trying to put across with this story. ❤️