twenty three

"Teresa, I am sorry to tell you this but you are being suspended," Mr. Palacios says.

"But why?" I felt a lump in my throat.

"Well you see, this boy knocked out his friend because of you getting 'disrespected' because you sent nudes to this student," he says.

"Fuck," I say under my breath.

I cover my face and feel tears ready to come out.

"I'm going to have to call your mom to pick you up," he says.

"No! Please!" I sob as I look up at him.

"I have to Teresa, you're underage, you can't just walk out of here," he says.

"Oh my god," I try not to sob anymore. I'm such a crybaby.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't downloaded that stupid app, I wouldn't be going through this right now. Actions have consequences and I need to suck it in.

The principal gets up as he leaves the office.

I was screwed. My mom was either going to kill me or lock me in my house.

After a few minutes, the principal comes back and he sits back down. He sighs in disappointment.

"Your mom is coming in a few minutes. Go wait outside," he points for me to walk out of his office.

"How many days am I suspended?" My voice was shaking.

"Three days," he says. I could see that he was disgusted of me.

I was disgusted of myself too.

I walk out and sit down on a chair next to all these other kids that were in trouble, and wait for my mom.

I take out my phone and go through my social medias. My phone was dry. No text messages. Nothing.

Time passed by and I was getting impatient. The door swings open making me flinch. My mom walks in and looks around for me. She makes eye contact with me and glares at me.

I stand up and we walk out of the office after she signs me out of school.

"Mo-"

"Shut up. I don't even know you," she says coldly.

"Mom, look I'm sorry," I felt my tears flood out of my swollen eyes.

"You're just so stupid. What makes you think you can trust people with your.. your fucking body," she shakes her head and gives me a confused look.

"But I-"

She slaps me across my face. "Shut up! You're such a disgrace to me."

I hold my stinging cheek as I look up to her in shock. My heart ached as those words came out of her mouth.

"Give me your phone," she puts out her hand.

I give it to her without fighting back with her. I was wrong and this time my mom has the right to take away my phone or "liberty".

"I lost all respect for you, Teresa," she shakes her head.

I just stood there. Feeling empty. Feeling like this wasn't even real. But it was. This was too bad to be true.

I lost respect from everyone. Even from myself.

heyyyy haven't been here in a while but i finally finished school so more updates for y'all :)