twenty nine

"Please tell me she's going to be okay!"

"Sir, you need to leave! Go to the waiting room!"

"But I need to see h-"

"We are going to help her, just stay calm!"

"Teresa, what the fuck are you doing with these pills?" I snatched them away from her.

"Give them to me!" She stands up as she grabs onto the pills.

"No, Teresa, fucking– what are you thinking?!" I yell as I pull for her to let go of the pills.

"I didn't even get any, you fucking idiot!" She says. Her eyes and cheeks were so red as she cried. The pain I saw in her face. The pain we've all caused her.

My phone started ringing. My mom was calling me.

"Hey mom," I answer.

"Grayson, I need you ASAP!" she says.

"But mom, I'm in the middle of som-"

"Just come, God, is that too much to ask?"

"Okay," I groan and hang up. "I'm taking these." I put the pills in my pocket of my hoodie.

Before I leave her room, I stop and look back at her.

"Teresa, it's worth living," I say and leave.

Teresa's POV

My mom was asleep already at nine, which was pretty early for me. I knew she takes some strong sleeping pills so she's a deep sleeper. She wouldn't hear anything.

It was probably around two or three in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I've been overthinking and overthinking about everything. My body was tired yet my brain was running on thoughts.

I had snuck into my mom's room for those sleeping pills and I successfully got them.

I was downstairs in the kitchen with my glass of water and the pills. I drank some water with the pill. I look at the other pills for a while.

I spill some on my hand and swallow them with water. I go back up to my room as if nothing happened. I fall on my bed and get under the covers.

You really just began the end of it all.

hell to the naww, to the naw naw naww