twenty eight

(if anyone gets this chapter's title you get a free cookie)

Grayson's POV

As I sat there, like an idiot, I just rethought about what I had just done.

I shouldn't have ever came and begged her for her attention. She probably thinks I'm annoying.

I stand up and start walking out the door. I then stop as I'm about to turn the knob.

I can't leave her like this. I wanted to help. I know she needed it.

She'll just push you away, Grayson. Just leave her the fuck alone.

But she needs someone to be there for her. For her to lean on. For her to trust.

If you go back you will regret it. She'll hate you even more this time.

I'm sure she doesn't hate me.

But what if she does. It's about time you realize that because of you, this is happening to her.

No, it's Ethan's fault. Not mine.

It is your fault. If you hadn't texted her in the first place, she wouldn't have ever gotten caught and be slut-shamed.

She's not a slut, Grayson. You don't know what you're talking about.

I was really talking to myself. Debating whether I should help the girl I love or walk away like she asked me to.

"Grayson, I see you're still here."

I snap out of my thoughts and turn around to see Teresa's mother.

"Uhm, yeah, I am," I look down, embarrassed.

"Did my daughter push you away?" She says as she serves herself a cup of coffee. "Come here sit down." She points at the table.

"I want to help her. I really do," I say as I pull out a chair to sit.

"She's like this. She doesn't like talking to people about her problems. Nor solve them," her mother shrugs.

"I have good intentions. But Teresa doesn't want to open her eyes and see that. She won't believe a single word I say. It kills me."

"Try harder, Grayson. Try harder. She'll someday open up to someone. Just not me," she sips her cup of coffee.

"I'll be right back," I start walking upstairs.

I knock on Teresa's door.

"Leave me the fuck alone," I hear her say and then a loud against the door.

I turn the knob and the door was unlocked. I open it and see her siting on the floor, at the edge of her bed. Her beautiful face was crying.

She looked down. Until I saw what she was holding.

cliffhanger boiiiii but sorry for not updating . I have been so busy this summer smh , I was supposed to relax these months .. 😪