Liam/Isaac; He's Back [1]

(Okay lets just pretend that Liam is older. xD)

You were still extremely heartbroken, but you have learned to control and bottle up your emotions. You still remember the day clearly; Scott had told you that Isaac had left for France with the Argents after Allison's tragic and sudden death. He never told you he would be leaving, he never said goodbye and he hasn't contacted you ever since.

"Y/N, are you okay?" You blink your eyes rapidly to clear your mind. You flash Liam a small smile.

"I'm fine." You assure him. He places his hand over your arm before leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on your lips.

"See you after practice." He says and picks up his lacrosse stick. You nod your head and watch as your boyfriend disappears around the corner. You sigh and turn back to face your locker before taking out a few text books.

"Y/N, Y/N, I have bad news. But it's good news. But bad, but really good." You turn to face Stiles as he rambles on beside you. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"Well is it good or bad Stilinski?" You question, raising an eyebrow at the boy who was currently out of breath.

"I don-"

"Y/N." Another voice interrupts Stiles and you swing your body around to find the owner. Your jaw drops slightly at the sight of Isaac. You feel as the unwanted tears prick at your eyes.

"Isaac?" You say out of disbelief. You feel the urge to smile, cry and leap into his arms. But the joy is soon replaced with anger and you frown. "No. No, absolutely not."

He gives you a confused look. "No Isaac. You can't just appear out of nowhere and expect me to jump right back into your arms." You shake your head.

"I didn't expect you to... But I didn't expect to come here and see you in the arms of somebody else. How old is Liam, like twelve?" He slightly laughs but you keep your expression serious.

"No. But that doesn't matter. At least I know he won't run off to a foreign country with his ex girlfriend's family." You feel as a tear falls from your eye and rolls down your cheek, remembering hearing the news of Isaac leaving.

"Y/N-"

"I know Isaac. You were hurting; I don't blame you. You loved her and I understand that fully. I'd be devasted if something happened to Jackson, but that doesn't mean I'm going to run off to Europe with the Whittemore's." You cross your arms over your chest. Isaac's expression softens as he listens to the crack in your soft voice.

"I'm sorry." He looks down. He stays silent before deciding to speak up. His next words catch you off guard. "Y/N, do you still love me?"

Your eyes widen and you almost choke on your own saliva. Why is he asking this? He knows, everybody knows that feelings don't disappear overnight. They don't even disappear over six months- at least not the feelings you have for Isaac. Of course you still love Isaac. He was your first love.

"Isaac ple-"

"Just answer the question Y/N."

You purse your lips into a thin line, allowing another tear to fall from your eyes as you nod your head.

You notice a hint of hope in Isaac's eyes before he blinks it away. "Do you love Liam?"

Liam makes you happy. He was not your first love, but he definitely is special.

"I... I do." You half smile. The thought of Liam causes your smile to grow wider and you can't ignore the hurt splashed across Isaac's face.

***

thank you for 100 reads!!!