Isaac; Alone This Christmas

written in first person.

A long sigh escapes my lips as I open my eyes. It is the morning of Christmas eve and for the first time I actually don't feel happy- like at all.

Christmas is always an exciting time, but it becomes the most devastating when you're all alone.

This year is my first Christmas without Isaac. I had supported him and his decision to leave for France, but I never expected it to hurt this much.

I miss him more than I could ever imagine I would. I feel as if there is a part of me missing. There is. I fell so deeply in love with Isaac that he literally became part of me. I couldn't stand being away from him for too long because I'd become upset.

Now it's Christmas and I'm supposed to surround myself with the people, or the person that I love, but I am unable to do that because the person I love is on the other side of the world.

I am actually alone for Christmas.

After dragging myself into the bathroom and freshening up, I pick up my cell phone. There is one unread text message from Isaac.

I miss you, it reads.

"I miss you too." I whisper to myself, fully aware that even with his heightened senses he still couldn't hear me.

***

"Oh baby all I want for Christmas is you!" I sing loudly along to Mariah Carey. I have to entertain myself somehow. My Christmas eve dinner is looking scrumptious: hello pepperoni pizza.

I am about to sit down and stuff my face with the delicious food, but the doorbell rings. I groan as I make my way towards the front door.

"Who is it?" I yell, but there is no response.

I unlock the door and swing it open, "I said who is i-"

I stop immediately and my heart jumps. Isaac stands on the doorstep with the biggest smile plastered on his face.

"Isaac? Isaac! Oh my god!" I shriek, not hesitating to run into his arms. His scent fills my nostrils as I wrap my arms around him tightly. I had almost forgotten how he smelled.

"Y/N I missed you so much." He whispers into my ear. I am smiling uncontrollably; this is the best Christmas gift I have ever received.

"You're- You're here- in Beacon Hills- on Christmas eve!" I try to comprehend what is happening. I can't believe that he is actually here. It feels too good to be true.

"You didn't think I'd let you spend Christmas all by yourself, did you?" He laughs and you hug him once more.

"I can't believe it. I've missed you so much." I feel the tears pricking at my eyes as I recall all of the lonely nights in the past year.

"I know, but I'm here now." Isaac's voice is soft and relaxing. "I love you Y/N."

"I love you too Isaac. I love you so much."

Now, it definitely feels like Christmas.