Isaac; Can't Live Without You

"It should've been me." You whisper to yourself. If it weren't for Isaac's heightened senses, your words would have gone unnoticed. You hear his footsteps as he walks over to where you are currently sitting.

He takes a seat beside you on the floor and uses the pad of his thumb to wipe away a tear that has fallen from your eyes.

"It should've been me- Not Allison." Your voice cracks as you speak and your bottom lip trembles. You see from the corner of your eye as Isaac shakes his head.

"Y/N..." He speaks softly. You know that he is hurting as much as you. You tilt your head to look at him and your heart shatters at the sight of his red, puffy eyes. He had been crying too- Everyone had been crying.

Allison's death was so sudden. You can't help but remind yourself that it was your fault. If you had kept an eye on her, you could have saved her, warned her or something. She would've still been here with us... It should have been you. You should have been the one who didn't make it out.

"If I wasn't so distracted, maybe I could've helped her. I could've saved her. She would've been here with us Isaac!" You allow the tears to fall freely down from your eyes. Isaac doesn't say anything.

"Isaac, it should've been me. I should be dead. Everyone would be better off if I were dead. Why did it have to be Allison?" You cover your face with your hands and the tears fall on your palms.

"Y/N don't say that." Isaac says. You shake your head.

"It's true. Everyone would be happy if Allison were alive. I should have died." You raise your voice, but you don't know why. You couldn't control your emotions.

"Y/N don't say that!" Isaac shouts and it surprises you. You remove your hands from your face to see him frowning.

"Isaac-"

"No Y/N... Yes, everyone would be happy if Allison were still here, but that doesn't mean that we'd be okay with you being gone. How do you think I would feel if you died?! Y/N, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you died! I can't lose you." Tears fall from Isaac's eyes as he speaks.

"I can't lose you too." He mumbles under his breath. You don't hesitate to envelope Isaac into a hug. His arms wrap themselves around you, holding you tightly.

"Isaac, I'm so sorry." You cry into his chest; your tears soaking the material of his jacket.

"It's not your fault Y/N. Don't ever blame yourself for this."

You continue to sob; Images of your best friend dying fill your mind and you shut your eyes tightly.

She was gone and she was not coming back.