Stiles; Already Gone [2]

'But love, the true kind, will always find its way back to those who let it go.'

That was the last words in the novel I had just read. I inhaled deeply before closing the book. I enjoyed it, I really did, but with every page that I read, I thought of Stiles. My heart ached each time I remembered leaving him the way I did. I couldn't- I didn't want to imagine how he felt after I left. I swear I could feel his heart break every night. I could hear his cries, but I kept telling myself that it was all in my mind. Because, it was.

It's been two years. Two incredibly long years. I missed Stiles every day. I missed hearing his laugh, I missed seeing him smile, I even missed his continuous sarcastic remarks.

I couldn't go a day without thinking about my old friends too; Scott, Lydia and Malia. I hoped that everything went as planned for them after high school.

As for me, I was far from Beacon Hills. I missed it dearly, but I knew that if I wanted to keep everybody that I love safe, I would have to go.

I always wanted to leave, fearing that I would cause harm to those around me. It was until the night I hurt Stiles and he had to be rushed to the hospital that I finally left the town. I couldn't stand the thought of hurting others, especially Stiles. He didn't deserve pain- not physical, emotional.

I still hated myself for leaving him. Because that hurt him the most. I'm sure he didn't care about the physical scars or the pain. He only cared about me, he loved me and I left him.

I stood up from my seat in the small, vintage coffee shop. I picked up my book and made my way out of the door.

The sky was painted in faded shades of blue and pink, the moon already had its place in the sky. Tonight was a full moon. I needed to get home. I could already feel my body slowly changing.

It's been years and I still struggled to control myself. I no longer had my anchor, and being my own anchor didn't work at all, unfortunately. Without Stiles being by my side, nights like these were by far my least favorite.

I began walking home; it was not a long distance from the coffee shop.
I walked, and as usual, I became lost in my own thoughts. Thoughts about life, thoughts about love, thoughts about Stiles.

I was so caught up, I almost didn't hear somebody call my name. Weird, I never really spoke to anybody in this one horse town. Wait.

I whirled my body around and the novel fell from my hands and onto the pavement. Never have I ever felt this ecstatic to see the dark haired, pale skinned boy. Stiles. I didn't know how to react at first, I just stood there completely frozen as he walked over to me.

He bent down and picked up my novel, my eyes were still wide open, my lips parted, as I kept my gaze locked on him. His eyes examined the cover, back to front, and then he said,

"But love, the true kind, will always find its way back to those who let it go... Great book." He handed it back to me. "Hey Y/N."

"Hi." Was all I managed to get out, I couldn't even breathe properly.

"How have you been Y/N?" His smile slowly faded, as if he was remembering an unpleasant memory.

"Okay... What about you?" My voice was soft. I still couldn't believe he was standing in front of me after two years. I didn't think I'd ever look into his eyes again.

"Could've been better." He simply answered. He absentmindedly glanced down at my novel in his hands, scanning the front cover again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, causing his eyes to meet with mine again.