XXXIX

A/N: sorry for lack of updates I've been sick in the hospital again :((

{Taehyung's POV}

Opening your eyes to an unfamiliar place can be really damn disturbing, but the only thing that kept me sane was my fingers intertwined with the sleepy boy next to my bed. His hair was covering his eyes so I moved my hand to brush the strands away when I noticed the IV in my hand. Fuck.

I look around and examine just everything I'm hooked up to. I try to turn my body when a shot of white hot pain courses into my ribcage. I look down and there's a hole in my gown leading to a tube, and that tube attaches to a bag of some weird bloody fluid stuff. My throat is on fire and I can barely breathe. My breath is really raspy and scaring me. A few days ago I had a bit of a sore throat and some congestion, but nothing like this.

"Taehyung?" I turn towards the noise and see a concerned looking Jungkook. I can't help it; i smile despite the strange situation I'm in. He smiles back and reaches for my hand again. "You have really bad pneumonia, hyung. That's why you're here. They said you've been overworking yourself and your vocal cords are a mess. You need to try not to talk a whole lot okay?" Jungkook asks with pleading eyes. His voice is almost a shout, probably an attempt for him to be able to hear himself talk.

I nod at him sadly and he flashes me a sad smile, but nevertheless, it's Jungkook. He's just kind of staring at me for awhile and it's hard to imagine our last days with his hearing to be spent with me not talking much. I hate these circumstances so much.

"Oh hyung! I forgot to tell you.." I perk up and look at him waiting for what he has to say. "So you've been asleep for two days which has given me some time to get in contact with your friends. I really wanted to do something special for you." He smiles at me with his bunny grin and I smile back. I'm so excited to see what he did.

"Well I got in touch with this guy named Kim Yugyeom, and he helped me figure something out, so..here we go." He got a hold of Yugyeom? Oh goodness what does he have planned? I feel my heartbeat pick up as he pulls a beats pill speaker out from his bag, and starts messing with something on his phone. He's smiling the whole time, but I see that his eyes are laced with nervousness.

He taps one last place on his phone screen and music begins to play. But it's not just any music, it's my music that I composed in the studio. Then I swear an angels voice fills my ears as Jungkook starts singing.

Please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies,

That's my song. My song. And he's singing it to me.

Please see me reaching out for someone I can't see.

Take my hand, let's see where we wake up tomorrow.

Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand,

I'll be damned, Cupid's demanding back his arrow

So let's get drunk on our tears and,

I feel my heart beating out of my chest and theres tears streaming down my face, and he's only just starting the chorus.

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young.

It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run,

Searching for meaning, but we are all lost stars,

Trying to light up the dark?

My breath is shaky and my chest hurts, but I don't care. This is lovely. He's in perfect pitch and has every single word right.

Who are we? Just a speck of dust within the galaxy.

Woe is me if we're not careful turns into reality.

Don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow.

Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer.

Turn the page, maybe we'll find a brand new ending,

When we're dancing in our tears and,

I feel my heart break as his teary eyes meet mine and I see all the passion he's putting into this for me.

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young.

It's hunting season and the deers are on the run,

Searching for meaning, but are we all lost stars,

Trying to light up the dark?

His voice is cracking with each note. He really does care.

I thought I saw you out there crying,

And I thought I heard you call my name,

And I thought I heard you out there crying,

Just the same, oh yeah

Every high note is better than even I'm capable of. He made his own notes. He put a sprinkle of Jungkook on something that was made for him.

And God, tell us the reason, youth is wasted on the young.

It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run,

Searching for meaning, but are we all lost stars,

Trying to light up the dark? Ooh

He's crying. He's really crying. He's perfect.

And I thought I saw you out there crying,

And I thought I heard you call my name,

And I thought I heard you out there crying,

He's breaking apart right before my eyes and I can't believe I hadn't seen this pain and passion before. I was too busy to pay attention to someone as important as him.

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

The music ends and he slumps over and just starts to sob, and I swear it's the second worst thing I've seen in my life.

The first would be the scene from his apartment many months ago.

I cough lightly to grab his attention. He looks at me with desperation and sadness in his deep brown eyes and the words tumble out that we've both been thinking for so long.

"Jungkook, I love you."

~~~

This chapter has me like ashdudnrifhzyxwbodp ❤

(Can't remember if I said it in the last chapter, but thanks for over 700 reads, lovelies❤)