XXXXVI

4 chapters left :o

{Jungkook's POV}

I winced as the needle entered my hand for the IV. Taehyung held my other hand which was only a mild distraction from the stinging in my skin as the nurse tried to get a solid line in the vein she aimed for. Today was the day. By tonight I would be able to hear Taehyung's voice again.

When she taped my hand up she left me with a bag of fluids and the other five guys came back into the room. They had put extra chairs in the room, so everyone had a seat. Jimin sat next to Taehyung to my right with Hoseok and Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin were on the left side of my bed. Jimin was nervously messing with the hem of his shirt while Taehyung refused to let his attention leave me. Seokjin was playing a game on his phone, Namjoon and Yoongi had shared earbuds and were messing with something on Yoongi's MacBook. Hoseok was mainly trying to find a good show to watch on TV, which was hard for him because he didn't know much English.

This was my first surgery that i actually had to prepare for and know about, nothing like the last emergency surgery I had. I had never been more nervous in my life, but there was no way I was gonna show it. I didn't want to have to deal with Taehyung worrying about me.

I tried to look at the tv, but my phone buzzed on the bed next to me.

~

taehyungiexo: kookie <3

jungkookiebunny: why are you texting me? You're sitting right next to me

taehyungiexo: it's so quiet in here I didn't want to disturb anybody, especially the yoongi and namjoon over there.

jungkookiebunny: I can't hear anyway

taehyungiexo: oh shit you're right

taehyungiexo: I don't feel like handwriting lmao

taehyungiexo: you're nervous aren't you?

jungkookiebunny: nahhh

taehyungiexo: yes you are

jungkookiebunny: am not!

taehyungiexo: then why is your hand so sweaty

I looked up from my phone and saw the smirk on his face and I snatched my hand from his grasp.

taehyungiexo: how dare you!

jungkookiebunny: hahahahha

taehyungiexo: maybe it'll be nice not having to deal with your sass for a few hours

jungkookiebunny: oh

jungkookiebunny: :((((

taehyungiexo: aww kookie I'm just teasing

jungkookiebunny: I'm gonna miss you hyung

taehyungiexo: I'll see you tonight tho!

jungkookiebunny: I can't wait :)

~

'Hi Jungkook, I'm Dr. Matthews.'

"Nice to meet you sir."

'You have quite the party with you.'

"Yeah, haha."

He left after writing more about the procedure and told everyone I'd be in there for around four hours. I could feel my heart beating faster each second despite Taehyung holding my hand.

Only a few minutes later two nurses came in and smiled and said something to everyone and came over to my bed to get it ready to move to the operation room. Taehyung grabbed the notebook he had in his backpack and began writing something down with tears in his eyes.

'I'll see you soon my Kookie, I love you!'

"I love you too, Taehyung."

~~~

Warning: Taehyung did not see him soon :o *gasp*