XXXXIX

{Jungkook's POV}

"Jungkook? Can you hear me?"

I open my eyes to the nurse next to my bed. My head is spinning and my heart is racing? How long was that surgery? She runs away from me shouting some nonsense while my eyes adjust to the light. It sure is bright in here.

As I get used to everything I can study my surroundings a bit. There's a pot of flowers on the table next to me and a rather large teddy bear sitting on the couch. I notice the line of cards standing up on the windowsill, why did they get me so many? I was only asleep for a few hours, right? I feel so weird.

I reach up and touch my head that has no bandages on it. Have I not had the surgery yet? What's going on? I look at the IV rack just to find a couple bags of fluids. Weird. I look at the tv that is on to the weather channel and it says it's going to be sunny and 75 degrees today? It's January?

Wait.. the whiteboard says June 10th. What?

"J-Jungkook?" I shift my attention towards the voice at the door, and my I feel my heart drop and my stomach churn. Taehyung. There's tears running down his face as he slowly walks in the room. Why is he sad?

"Taehyung, what's wrong? It was just a surgery, right?" A smile paints his face and he leaps forward in the last few steps, landing right in the bed next to me. He's laughing? Man, I've missed his laugh. But I missed the warmth of his arms around me even more.

"I can't believe you're awake and I'm hugging you." He whispered in my ear.
"Why?" I ask. He pulls away from me and looks me in the eyes. I see the hurt and pain, but they have a glimmer of hope. "You've been in a coma, Kookie." He mumbles. What? A coma? He sees the confusion on my face and smiles. That's when I notice the faint touch of makeup and that his hair is bleach blonde. I shake my head. I'm completely lost. I can feel myself tearing up and Taehyung cups my cheeks to brush the tears away before placing a sweet kiss on my nose.

"Tae..I-I'm so lost and confused."

"Don't worry Kookie, I'll help you. I'm never leaving your side again."

~~

A few days later we headed home. Taehyung gave me some of his clothes since all of mine were made for winter, and I was glad I didn't have to wear that annoying coat. The guys had told me we moved in together for convenience and work which I was fine with.

For some reason I kept having a melody about butterflies stuck in my head.

~

{Taehyung's POV}

It was so wonderful having my Jungkook back with us and in my arms everyday. I missed him more than anything and we were all finally happy and could get to work on our projects.

We live in a four bedroom house and Jimin's the lucky one that got his own room, but that was okay for me; I share a room with Jungkook. Our days are pretty packed with work, but I love our days off that i can spend with my Kookie.

I remember one night we went for a walk on the beach and for the first time ever,

we could both listen to the sounds of silence in peace.

~~~

A/N: so fluffy

t - 1 chapter to go :)

WHO DIED FROM THE SPRING DAY MV TEASER BC I DID