Chapter 26

Ch26

Lexi pov

 The week flew by, I enjoyed spending time with Harry. I wasn’t so fond when we got spotted a few places and I got called his new girl of the week by the tabloids.  I wish they would stop making him look like such  a womanizer.  Most of the girls he’s been seen with were like me, just friends, and the rumors made it hard for him to actually find someone who wanted to be with him.

After our conversation on Monday he didn’t bring up Niall again. Part of me was relieved that he didn’t bring him up again, and part of me was a bit sad. I still cared for him, maybe even loved him, I wasn’t sure. I wanted to know how he was and at the same time I didn’t want to hear about him at all.

Harry told me he couldn’t spend Friday with me since he was going to sort out all the details about the concert with Ed, but that he would pick me up around noon on Saturday. Kat and Autumn decided it would be a good idea to go shopping so I could  get something new to wear for the show. “who knows, maybe Ed Sheeran will think you’re cute” Kat said offhandedly before Autumn smacked her. “What? Oh god I’m sorry Lex” She said, turning to look at me, and pulling me into a hug. Her comment had stung and I started to tear up. I wasn’t even close to ready to think about another guy, and while I did like Ed Sheeran, my heart still belonged to Niall. I hugged my friend back “It’s okay Kat, it still hurts though and I’m no where near ready to think about dating” I said. “What about Harry?” She asked, knowing him and I had spent the week together. “Him and I are just friends. He’s like a brother to me, and I know I am like a sister to him.” I said. It felt good to have a friend that I was close to like I was with him.  “Hey guys what do you think of this shirt?” I asked, holding up a black tank top with a low v and a skull on it that looked like it was done in little crystals. “I think if you paired it with my leather half jacket and some black skinnies it would be killer”  I smiled and hung the shirt over my arm.  I ended up getting the shirt and a pair of boots that Autumn picked out. I guess I was going for a bit of a rocker chick look for the concert, but I wasn’t complaining.

I woke up at about 10 the next day and took a quick shower before getting ready. I curled my hair and did my eye makeup a bit heavier than I normally would. I got dressed in the outfit the girls had suggested yesterday, and I had to admit I looked good. The top showed off just the right amount of cleavage.

The look I got from Harry when he picked me up reassured me that I had chosen a decent outfit. “Wow you look amazing” He said, pulling me into a hug before we walked down to the car he had rented.  I was shaking I was so excited. “You would think being friends with you and the boys I wouldn’t be so nervous to meet someone else who happens to be famous but I’m shaking like a fangirl” I said with a giggle. “As long as you don’t start to cry I think we will be alright.” He said with a laugh, and I smacked his arm playfully.

When we got to the venue we were immediately escorted by security backstage, me gripping Harrys hand like it was a life preserver “Um Lexi you’re kind of hurting my hand” he said. I gave his hand a squeeze before letting it go. Soon we were at Ed’s dressing room. Harry knocked on the door before just walking right in, me closely behind him. “Ed!” Harry said, pulling the ginger singer into a big hug. “Hey Harry how are ya?” He said, laughing. “I’m good mate. This is the girl I was telling you about, Lexi, Ed, Ed, Lexi” Harry said, shoving me towards Ed. I held out my hand, “Nice to meet you” I said, smiling. Ed pulled me into a big hug. “It’s nice to finally meet you too. I have heard so much about you from the boys” He said, a smile on his face as he pulled away.

We hung out backstage, goofing off and having fun before sound check. I went to watch sound check, while Harry stayed in Ed’s dressing room. There were some meet and greet girls there as well, which was happening after the sound check. Everything went well and I stood to the side and watched the meet and greet, a couple girls asking if I was Ed’s girlfriend. I just smiled and said that I was just a friend of a friend, and fangirled a bit with them.