Chapter 12 *EDITED*

I couldn't sleep from all the excitement.

Tom had helped me download songs with his laptop all day, then loading them on my new pink iPod, and it was surprisingl fun. He liked hip hop while I liked RnB and most of the time I was laughing at all his song choices but somehow I ended up having more hip hop songs than RnB in my iPod.

I had learned that Tom's parents had been working for Rafael's father. His mother was a stripper while his father was a hit-man. They had been murdered in bed when he was just twelve. Apparently they'd cut off his mother's breasts before slitting her throat.
A part of me wondered why he told me every gruesome detail.

With nowhere to go, he had sworn in the cartel and worked since then. He'd had such a rough childhood yet he had become a decent, honest man. Excitement of having new songs had got to me, leading to a dance off at 3am. I loved Tinashe and her song "sacrifice" got me shaking what my mama gave me.  The problem was, I was damn hungry now, my tummy was grumbling. Walking out the door, the guards gave me that "what the hell" which I expertly ignored. I walked into the elevator as the other one followed suit.

"Never thought I had it so bad, never thought I had it so wild" singing loud and moving my body a little to the beat. Gosh, I love this song. The doors slid open and I danced my way to the kitchen as the guard stood by the door. The music was just bursting so loud, thank God for iPhone earphones.

Walking to the cabinet, I took out two small pots and rinsed them from the tap. Turning on the stove, I placed the pots, poured some oil in one pot and water in another. Walking back to the cabinet, I looked for spaghetti, onions, peppers, carrots and lots and lots of spices. I then walked to the fridge to take out ground beef, cheese and milk. Pouring the spaghetti in the boiling pot, I walked to the cabinet again to find a knife and a chopping board before I chopped all the veggies and poured them in the burning oil.

I placed the ground beef in the microwave so it could defrost while everything cooked. After a few minutes, I poured all the spices in the almost ripe veggies before taking out the mince and pouring it in the pot. It already smelt delicious with my tummy grumbling louder.

Switching off the plate with the spaghetti pot, I pulled the hot pot to a cold plate before checking on the other pot. Everything had mixed well, so I put the cheese and stirred before pouring some milk and stirred.

When it was all set, I poured the creamy mince into the spaghetti then mixed it all together. I was dead starving.

As I stirred for the last time, I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to scream and jumped around as I ripped the earphones from my ears. Rafael was standing behind me in a clean cut designers suit, his eyes were assessing me in confusion.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was hungry so I made the only thing I can make,"
He stared at me for a while before looking at the pots then turning and walking away.

"Do you want some?" I heard myself say before gasping and cursing so hard in my mind.
'What is wrong with you?' I thought.

He turned, just staring for a while before walking towards a chair and slipping into it, placing his leather bag by his side. Rushing to the cabinet, I took out two bowls and all the cutlery I'd need. Carefully I set out his serving, and sprinkling some parsley on the food. I gave him his bowl and fork then sat opposite him and dug in my food.

It was so delicious and I wanted more and more.
"So, you're from work?" I asked as my heart hammered, waiting for his answer or reaction.

"Yes." he simply said.

He was a man of few words, I had noticed that so instead of getting into trouble, I shut my mouth and ate my food.

He finished first then slipped off the chair and made his way out.

"Tomorrow, we will be attending a ball, your dress will be brought to you. We leave at eight." He said before disappearing into the darkness.

After finishing my food, I went for seconds. What? Don't judge imaginary friend who I narrate my life to, I was hungry. I placed the dirty dishes in the sink after two more times servings. Basically I ate till my tummy hurt. I could have washed the dishes but I didn't know how to operate the dish washer.

Sleep finally claimed me at 5am.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Sorry for the short chapter guys but more is to come. I know I said I would be re-uploading a script edited by someone besides me, someone who is really good with English but my friend bailed on me, he has a lot of school work but it's not bad though, I tried😅😅😅😅😅