Chapter 46 *EDITED*

"Open up,"

"No Tom! I can eat on my own, please," I said giggling.

"No, you should be in bed rest! The doctor said you shouldn't be doing anything so open up and let me feed you." Tom said holding a spoon full of sweet potato soup.

"Are you ever going to give up?" I asked
"No," he said grinning.

"Urgh, okay." I said before opening up my mouth as he feed me.

He sat at the edge of the holding the plastic container in one hand and a spoon in the other.
I felt awkward just because Rafael was still seating in his chair pretending as if he was checking his texts whilst we all knew he wasn't. Tom looked different in a way, like he'd been in the wild for weeks. His hair was messy, there were dark circles under his eyes, and a small stubble growing on his chin. He looked good though. He wore a blue short sleeved tight fitting t-shirt that subtly brought attention to his muscles making him a decent sight for very sore eyes. He also wore tight black shorts and sneakers.

"I'm sorry, I asked the nurses and they said soft foods only so I just bought you some soup, yoghurt, chocolates, and strawberries, " he said and brought another spoon full of the soup to my lips.

"It's okay, I don't really have much of an appetite right now," I said.

"That's understandable, so what did you guys name the baby?" Tom asked.

"Czarina Nikita Vintagè" I answered with a huge grin.

"Mmhh, what a beautiful name. I can't wait to see her," He said with a bright smile.

"You will soon, when she wakes up. We'll go see her," I said and clasped my hand over his.

"Tom, don't you have work to do?" We'd almost forgot that Rafael was still in the room. He was still intensely staring at his phone and obviously avoiding eye contact with the two of us.

"Actually, I have to talk to you," Tom replied, still holding my hand.

"Talk," Rafael said irritated.

"Here?" Tom asked, giving me a side look.

"Yeah, is there an issue?" Rafael asked sitting up.

"Okay, I think our location has been spotted." Tom said.

"Oh really, " Rafael rolled his eyes, not taking him seriously.

"Yeah, a man's been spotted watching the compound, and every time a car leaves the compound, it's being followed," Tom paused before continuing, "We're not really sure though, because they've used different cars. It seems whoever, they're smart and resourceful."

"You think," Rafael replied, seeming bored and uninterested.

I heard the two talk, my eyes moving from one to the other as my heart drummed, the hairs at my nape sticking up.

"I think we should bring back all the guys on Loala's search party. I feel like something big is about to hit," Tom continued.

"No," he stood up, walking towards Tom "That's not going to happen," Rafael said before knocking Tom off on his right shoulder with his own and walked away.