Chapter 14 *EDITED*

"Mom!" I repeated the words, not believing them myself.

Was it really her? I stood frozen, heart beating at an unbelievable pace. Never had I been so happy to see my own mother. There she stood just ahead of me, staring right at me with accusing eyes. I felt like screaming and jumping up and down.
I was finally going home.

Rushing I crossed through the ball room and for the first time, ever, I hugged my mom. I held on so tight I thought she'd break.

"Darling, let go of me. What has gotten into you? You're wrinkling my dress, let go." Her squeaky voice filled my ears causing a smile to spread on my face, it was really her. Moving back as she denied to hug me back.

"Mom, please take me home." I said, remembering why I was so happy about seeing this monster.

"Harley, what did I say about calling me by that word? What is wrong with you?" She scolded me angrily.

Bella was one of those moms who were always on a mission to stay young nothing mattered more than her monthly injections that kept the dream alive. Her biggest fear was waking up and looking her age which was forty-nine.

I always knew she never liked me so I stayed out of her way but she really hurt me when she dated my ex-boyfriend Roberto. I hadn't really loved him and we had dated out of obligation with him being the football captain and me being the cheerleader's captain. After graduation, we broke up and two weeks later, I found him in my father's Jacuzzi banging my mother.

I would never forget nor would I forgive her for that. It hadn't been even a year since my dad died and my mom already had her legs wrapped around my boyfriend's waist.

"Mom please, for once can you please help me, please." trying not to cause a scene, Bella was quite dramatic.

"Harley just stop, stop calling me by that name, you are embarrassing me."

Finally, I snapped my attention from her and noticed a tall, YOUNG, light-skinned blonde in a black tux. He was probably twenty-four or five. I gasped as I noticed what my mom was wearing; it was a black lace, tight dress and it only cover her private parts.
She never seemed to surprise me.

"Firstly, you run away because I refuse to give you some cash then you come back and order me around. Stop being a brat."

"Mo...Bella please, this is important. Please." My heart was thundering now, I could feel my heart shattering. She would never help me, how can I fail when I was so near to escape?

"Harley stop! You like being the centre of attention. The world doesn't revolve around you. And your father's been dead for a while now. It's time to get over the dramatics."

"Excuse me." gasping from her words. How could she?

I sensed it before I felt it. A large hand found its way around my bare shoulders, dragging me closer to its owner. His strong dark cologne reached my nostrils and I almost peed on myself. I seemed to stop breathing as the air seemed to freeze with my body shivering from his hard cold touch.

Why me?

Can't I just get a break?

Nothing ever works for me.

Did he hear our conversation?

Why me!

I felt like breaking down and ask the world to give me a break, lord I was so tired.

Tired of him.

Tired of her.

"Mr Vintangé."

The young blonde was pushed back as Bella made her way to Rafael's side.

"How lovely to finally meet you sir." brushing his arm now, obviously flirting with him.

"Unbelievable" I heard myself say as I rolled my eyes. My mom was just something else. Bella seemed to then notice his arm around my waist.

"You have already met my Harley I see, she is such a spoilt little brat. Drove her father to death with her shinanigans.Do you want to dance with someone much much mature than that?"

Really!

Really mom! I wanted to scream at her. She was such a bitch, sorry to say but she was just always throwing herself at men. How did dad live with her? What had he seen in her?

I would never understand.

"No sorry, were just leaving." His voice was so cold I shivered.

My mom froze in her place and as I was being dragged from the crowd, I looked over my shoulder begging her to do something, anything but no, she stood there pouting as if hurt of him rejecting her.
I was literally running as he dragged me by my hand. The car was already brought up at the drive way and he walked over banging his door before rushing off the circular driveway.

He was driving so fast it felt as if we were flying. I felt dizzy and queasy, his knuckles white as he held the starring wheel so hard, and I thought he'd rip it out.

He heard.

He heard my conversation.

That's why he was so angry. I could see all his veins all over his hard face, his eyes focused. The only sound came from the roaring car engine, everything was intense inside. My chest was sore as it became hard to breath.

What will I do?

He'll kill me.

What will I do?

God, what will I do?

Tears were near, hands quivering along with my lips. I didn't want to be pimped out. What was I thinking back there?

I can never get out, I will never get away from him.

"Rafael, please forgive me, I was stupid, I'm sorry. I will never ever do that again, please, I will do anything. Please."

No answer.

His phone rang.

"What?" He shot through.

"Where?"

"Okay. I need one, I'm coming"

Coming where? Was he taking me with him?
I was happy of anything that would delay of our arrival at the house. I was not ready for his punishment, whatever it was. One and a half hour later we were driving up a familiar road with thick forest on either side, the gates were already opened.
The car was parked and I was dragged from it by a guard.

"Lock her up in her room" He shouted before taking off and disappearing over the gate.