Chapter 27 *EDITED*

What a sunny day it was, I felt good as the cool breeze blew my yellow summer dress along with my hair. I walked besides Rafael giggling about something he just said. He was dashing today in his above knee length skinny shorts along with his golf T-shirt and shades, scrumptious. In his hands were paper bags, it was supposed to be baby shopping but all Rafael said was 'take whatever you want for yourself. He spoiled me rotten today, taking me to the most expensive shops. At a point in time I found my arm hooked to his, it must be the power of love in this God damn city.

Keep telling yourself that girly, a voice said in my mind.

There is nothing as satisfactory as seeing girls drool over your man knowing that they can't get him.

He is not your man!

Shut up!

It was an instant battle between my heart and mind these days. He led me to some fancy restaurant but as I was about to enter I paused and my heart sank as I saw another restaurant a few doors away.
Rafael stopped and looked at me.

"Can we please go there?" I said pointing with a shaky hand.

"Sure," Rafael replied as we walked there. The door was opened for us and my eyes quickly scanned the place as if I was going to see the person himself. I closed my eyes as the memory came crushing on me. We walked in as a waiter immediately showed us a table and gave us menus. The restaurant was not as fancy as the one Rafael was leading me to but this one had such an important memory to it.

As Rafael scanned the menu I looked around and something caught my mind.

"Can we please move to that table?" I pointed.
Rafael looked at it before standing up and come around to pull my chair. We walked to the other table with the waitress giving me a look like 'what is wrong with you bitch being emotional and all.'
At some point I thought I'd cry but I held back my tears and tried smiling.

"Can we have a glass of your most expensive wine and a glass of lemon water" Rafael said knowing that since finding out about the pregnancy I was anti soda and alcohol.

After the waiter had scraped off Rafael put down his menu and stared at me with what looked like concern, his hand found mine on the table.

"This was the last restaurant I came to with my dad, I was so mad at him for giving me fifteen hundred bucks to spend in Paris leading me to not get everything I wanted after he had kept me locked up in a hotel room for two days as he attended his meetings."

I laughed deep in thought "I'd do anything to get him back, he was my rock. He was always there as much as he was super busy with work but he always made time for me and sometimes I took that for granted."

Rafael's hand tightened over mine, we were quiet for a while, taking it all in before the waitress came clearing her voice with her first two buttons undone showing her cleavage.

Bitch!

She placed the drinks on the table then took orders and left. I took a sip of the water then looked back at Rafael whose eyes were fixed on me causing me to blush helplessly.

"Tell me more about yourself please," his hands were back on top of mine on the table and as weird as it was, it kind of felt right.