Chapter 41 *EDITED*

I waited for him to come back, I sat and watched the door waiting for him to burst the door open but it didn't. Hours passed and finally I went and took my bath then ate dinner.

Boredom was starting to get the best of me and I didn't know what to do to pass my time. I walked around the room, looked at the view from the window but it seemed like time stood still. Finally I fell to a deep slumber and woke up the following day only to repeat the process again.

I wondered where Tom was, I hoped Loala would visit me again but I was sure Rafael had handcuffed her to himself. That man was purely obsessed with that poor girl.

I wondered if he continued with the preparations of the baby's room. My due date was getting closer and everything had to be perfect for my little angel. It scared me that soon I would bring my angel into this world. Soon I would be holding my baby in my arms. She was my bundle of joy.

I had no clue on how to be a mother, how to do stuff for the baby. I didn't even know how to hold a baby.  I really wished Tom would be back by the time I give birth, Lord knows I needed the support and help. I wondered what Rafael would do, as of now his obsession clouded his mind and he was doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do to his child. I remember the day we went to our first scan together he had been so happy.

It felt like Rafael had just turned to a different person completely with the arrival of Loala and she would be his demise. All I had to do was keep my head down and watch from the side-lines as he crumbled with his so cold empire.

My days were spent with me talking to my belly like a crazy person but no I wasn't, it was what kept me sane.  It was no doubt that I was in prison here and I felt just a little bit of what prisoners felt, being trapped. I told stories I could remember to my baby, I sang to her and sometimes I even danced just a little bit.

It was weeks after when a guard came knocking at my door. I looked at the clock thinking it was a maid bringing my dinner but it was three hours early for that.

"Come in," I said loudly.

The door opened and in walked a tall dark guard.

"Mr Vintagè is asking for you at his study, " he said before walking out.

I quickly jumped of my neatly made bed excited that I would leave this room but then fear finally kicked in and I froze in place. I wondered what he wanted and I just knew that it was nothing good.

I put my sore swollen feet in my pink fluffy slippers and walked out of the door.

The passage was dark as always, I would walk and take a break a minute after because my back was killing me. My stomach was so big you would think I would give birth to twins. I got to the stairs and took one at a time, I wondered how I would get back up here half way down the stairs I sat down and just took a break.  I was fighting with a hundred and something steps.

After such a long time I got to the first floor and then I went to take the elevator up to Rafael's study.
Light was sipping through the house, there were guards here and there with the maids just moving around carrying dishes, cleaning. It felt nice to be around people even though it was just for a minute.
The elevator beeped and the doors slid open, I walked through the passage I used to walk through every single day. I was so tempted to just walk to see if anything had been done on the baby's room but I knew Rafael would be angry to keep him waiting for so long. I got to the study and the guard standing by the door went in to tell Rafael that I was outside? He came back and ushered me in.

I was shocked to see Loala standing right besides Rafael who sat on a leather chair. Their hands were intertwined and I don't want to lie something small kind of stung inside of me. It was frustrating that I couldn't just switch off my feelings for this man, I wish I could but I couldn't.  This man had been the first one I had been intimate with and I was carrying his baby, it's just hard to simply switch my feelings off. Being rejected like the way I was while carrying the baby was the hardest thing I had ever went through in my life.

I stood in front of the shiny desk like a school child being called to the principal's office.

Rafael and Loala kept on looking at each other which just irritated me.

"You called me," I said shifting from foot to foot.

"Loala has convinced me to let you go," Rafael said and I thought I didn't hear him right.

"I have decided to give you back your freedom, a car is waiting for you outside. The driver will take you wherever you decide to go. "Rafael continued.
I was too stunned to even say a word, I stood there not sure what to do or say.

Rafael was just literally kicking us out and the worst part was that my due date only weeks away. I can't fly, I can't leave this island.

"Here is a cheque of ten million dollars to get you on your feet." I looked at him not believing this, bought and paid!

I didn't know why I was so mad  because this was what I wanted, what I wanted for my baby but it dawned on me that he was done with us, he was casting us out, it was official and I had mixed feelings about that.

"Can I please go to the toilet," Loala said to Rafael. He nodded and Loala just walked out of the room raspingly.

I quickly snatched the cheque and walked out.  I took the elevator down and just walked across to the steps then went up them, that took forever I have to say.

It was harder to go up than going down.

Half way through I heard footsteps running down the stairs.

I waited to see who it was thinking it was Tom but I was surprised to see Loala. She seemed to be holding something behind her back which she was hiding.
"What are you doing this side?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she simply said as she continued running down the stairs.

I gave her one last glance before continuing up.
Tom, yes, I would go to Tom's house and ask if I could stay there until I have the baby then I would fly out to find a nice small place in the city.

I walked faster up the stairs, when I got into my room I was sweating like a pig but I didn't care because I was in a hurry to go out of this place before Rafael changed his mind.

I pulled two bags and just put my toiletries, four pairs of legging and a pair of black jeans then I packed some few t-shirts, two jackets, a sweater, some flops, and my sleepers. I stashed the baby's clothes on the other bag before pulling some socks and sneakers and then just walked out of the room.