Chapter 38 *EDITED*

Rafael's P.O.V

The sun set and rose with my eyes on her, I couldn't take them off her, I was afraid that I would blink and she wouldn't be there. She looked so beautiful, her hair all over the pillow, her lips slightly parting as she breathe. I watched her chest rise and fall mesmerized, did she know how beautiful she was? Well I made sure to tell her every minute that passed.

Her tiny little hands were folded into adorable fists and I couldn't help but kiss them causing her to move in her sleep. It was five o'clock in the morning and I hadn't slept a wink, Loala had tried to escape four times already from this house with no success.
Didn't she know that I loved her, why didn't she understand that I would never let her go?

She had the most beautiful skin I had ever seen, so soft and creamy, I wanted so bad to touch but was afraid I would damage it. I had killed three guards already because they had touched her while trying to stop her from escaping, no one was supposed to touch, just be too near to her or even talk to her. She was mine and mine only.

My father always said, if you love something so much that you would die for it kill it before it kills you but now I see how wrong he was, there was something wrong with him. How could I kill something so beautiful? How could I even just lay a hand on something so special, how could I make something this fragile cry. I would never, never!
Loala seemed to be the oxygen I breathe. It pained that she wanted to run away from me, it tore my heart into pieces every time she insulted me but I don't mind, I would wait for her, she was worth waiting for.

My phone rang and I rolled on the bed to pick it up so it wouldn't wake up my angel.

"Yes Tom, this better be good." I said through the phone.

"Rafael I can't get in the compound, what's up?" Tom asked.

"Yes, the compound is on lock down." I said standing up.

"What!" Tom seemed irritated.

"No one is allowed to come in or get out, Loala keeps trying to run away, I will not let her leave me, no!" I said angrily.

"What the fuck man, how am I going to get in, how are you going to go to Dubai. We need to go man, we'll be late for the packing."

"As I said no one is getting in or out, you are in charge of everything for now Tom, you go to Dubai and you'll be staying at your house with your siblings until this is over."

"Rafael how long is this lock down shit going to take?" Tom asked angrily.

I looked at my sleeping angel for a minute "I don't know, as long as it can take."

Tom sighed and cursed at the other end of the line causing me to get worked up, he was lucky he wasn't here or I would bear him to a pulp.

"What about Harley man, why you doing this to her, okay just give her to me, we'll stay away from you as you deal with Loala. I'll guard her, I'll take care of her while you in lockdown."

I scratched my head and started pacing my mind was confused, I didn't know what to do.

"No," I finally said.

"Come on man, she's carrying your child, you can't do this to her. She's innocent."
I paced faster.

My child
Harley

My child
Harley

My child
Harley

My child
Harley.

My mind kept playing around with those words, my hands shook, I pulled my hair only let it go.
"Rafael just let them go." Tom said softly adding fuel to my confusion.
"No!" I said firmly.

"At least please just take care of her." Tom said lowly causing me to take a deep breath and cut the line.
Harley, my child!

I felt guilty thinking about her. Why did Tom have to make me think about her? Loala was supposed to be the one I was thinking about. I felt guilty for sleeping with Harley, I should have waited for Loala. I felt like I had cheated and that weighted heavy on my heart.

Harley was having my baby, I wanted Loala to have my baby, I wished it was Loala pregnant, I wished it was Loala's baby.  I felt like I had committed adultery, how could I tell Loala that Harley was carrying my child.

I could not, I must not.

I paced, my hand roughly grabbing my silky hair.
Why was Harley carrying my baby, why!

You should let her go.  A voice inside me said.

No, I won't let her go.

But why?

I don't know, I just couldn't.

I turned around to find a pair of eyes on me. I stopped what I was doing and walked back to the bed.

Loala looked scared, it was like she had just seen a mad man. It was all Harley's fault, that girl made my mind tick. Loala crawled back as I neared her. She probably thought I was deranged.

"Morning sunshine," I said smiling.

"Are you okay?" Loala asked.

"Yeah sorry, I was just thinking." I said.

"Who is she Rafael?"

Fuck, she had heard my conversation with Tom.
"Who she?" I asked, acting dumb.

"That other girl, what is her name, Harley."

"She is no one, don't worry about her."

I said my eyes scanning the room, guilt getting the best of me.

"No, she is someone, who is she?" Loala was persistent.  She had that look in her face like she won't give up, she liked having her way.

"Stop it! I said she is no one and that's the end of it!" I blurted out angrily causing her to close her mouth.
It was the first time I had yelled at her and I felt bad. I walked closer to the bed taking her hand.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I said trying to take her hand into mine.

"Get away from me you psycho, don't touch me!" She screamed angrily.

I felt hurt, I felt angry. My hands shook, I let go of her hand before I could do something I would regret. I took the lamp right next to her and threw it across the room. I took the side table and also threw it, I went to the wall and started punching it, punching it hard.

This was Harley's fault, with that I ran to the door and opened it so hard it closed on its own after me.
It was all Harley's fault.