Chapter 25 *EDITED*

I walked down the stairs the following day furious with myself of what had happened the previous day. I had slapped myself three times on the cheek for being so weak which was why my cheek was painfully burning now. I was in no mood for anyone but was dead hungry. How foolish had I been to crawl in the devils arms.

But he said he was sorry, a tiny voice said in my head.

Fuck off! I replied the voice, hands folded into fists now. I wanted to punch someone badly, just wanted to draw blood. I took the stairs two at a time, angrily stalking to the dining room. What was wrong with me? Wait, what was wrong with him?

Stupid asshole, ugly fuck.

Okay, wait a minute Harley, he is fuck'n handsome and you know it, the voices in my head battled it out.
Finally I walked in the dinner room which was empty thankfully but I wouldn't bet on it staying like that. Speaking of the devil Rafael walked in and sat on the chair opposite mine. Why couldn't he leave me alone? Fuck he was on casual wear again, a black V-neck T-shirt and it fit him so well, too well. I mentally slapped myself and looked down at my food. As if on cue my belly grumbled angrily and I started eating. In my mind I was imaging the hundred ways I could kill the bastard. How nice it would be to crush his balls with my hand and watch him beg, that would certainly be delicious. Or maybe seduce him then cut off his big dick, at that thought I laughed out loud unknowingly and caught myself after a few minutes but I couldn't hold back, I burst out in laughter, laughing until I was in tears.
When I tried to hold myself I just laughed harder which caused all the servants to stop on their tracks and steal a glance on what was so funny and by the time I calmed down Rafael had sat his fork down with his eyes cast on me. Quickly I cast my eyes down and resumed eating as I stopped myself from laughing all over again. I could hear my muffles as I tried to hold it back with food.

His eyes lingered on me, they were unnerving and I found myself shifting in my seat now and then as I uncomfortably chawed my breakfast.

Suddenly I felt rebellious.

"What you looking at huh?" I said sitting back, looking straight at him.

He froze in his seat, shocked by my words, after sometime he learned back looking straight at me. Not even one word was uttered, our eyes locked together, challenging each other. It was like we were playing the staring game.

"What are you looking at?!" I asked again half screaming as I threw a pan cake which landed just a few inches from him at the table.

His eyebrows furrowed, his jaw tightened whilst he held a dangerous face on. It was not the face that said 'I will kill you' but the kind of face that said ' I will kiss you so hard then fuck you like you were dying'.

I shifted in my seat, daring him to touch me so I could slap that smug off his face. My hand was already inching, waiting for him to touch a single hair in my body, lord I would fuck him up so good, beat the shit out of him.

Luckily for him he cleared his voice, adjusted his seat before drinking a glass of water and continuing with his food.

How sad.

I couldn't eat after that, I sat there playing with my food and imaging all the scenarios that would have taken place if he had touched me.

"I thought today we would go shopping for the baby's furniture." Rafael said.

I almost jumped up with excitement, this was one thing I had been looking forward too even though we still didn't know the sex.

"Okay," I said having controlled my excitement.

"Wait, what do you mean 'we'?"

"Me and you," Rafael said looking perplexed.

Urgh! Fuck!

After throwing a tantrum in my mind I stood up and went upstairs to change. I found a maid waiting for me besides the bed, on the bed was a big travel beg zipped up.

"HI," I said passing to the closet where I took out a blue channel track suit with a white channel T-shirt then some channel white sneaker-like shoes.

"Yes ma'am" the maid replied bowing her head
I dressed in the bathroom since the maid didn't budge from her position. I tied my hair into a bun before walking into the bedroom.

"May I ask why you standing there?" I ask spraying some channel perfume.

"I'm waiting to carry your bags ma'am," she said politely.

"Wait, how many days did you pack for?"

"A week ma'am,"

"Fuck!" I shouted angrily. I will be with that bastard for a whole week and when did I start swearing this much, I thought biting my nail.

I walked out of the room to the garage where a Chrysler along with a range rover had their engines running. The maid put my bags on the Chrysler before bowing her head and leaving. The door was open for me and I slid on the cream leather seats. The car was vacant and after five minutes Rafael slid in.

The cars speed off the premise and I wondered where we were going. Definitely not Moscow, that wouldn't take a week. I started imagining all the things I wanted to get but the problem was the colour, pink or blue. How would we do this without knowing the sex?

Rafael sat beside me quietly, I wondered if he didn't have work to do to be shopping and running around with me all week. I was not looking forward to what was to come; the fights.

Trees flew outside. I watched as one by one they oozed away. I felt excited and scared at the same time. My hands found their way to nearly flat belly, brushing it.

My baby.

I wondered if I would be a good mother. I didn't want to have the kind of relationship I have with my mother, with my child. I wanted to give my child all the love I could give. I wanted him or her to grow with so much love but was it possible with Rafael? My child already had a death threat on his head and he was just a month old.

The environment I was bringing my baby into was not safe and I had to change that. How could I do that?

I turned to look at Rafael to find his eyes locked on my belly, it was like he was longing, wishing to just touch and I knew then that I had to make him fall in love with his baby so that I could use the baby as my shield. I hated it but I had to do it for our survival. Slowly I moved my shaking hand to his which took him by surprise. He looked at me and I slowly moved his hands and placed it on my belly before placing mine on his.

Rafael, you don't know what's coming for you, I thought with a smug on my face.