Chapter 26 *EDITED*

We descended down the plane, wind blowing over my hair, his hand was on mine assisting me as if I didn't know how to go down a flight of stairs. Safely we had landed in Paris and I felt quite confident about my plan. It would take time though but I hoped it worked. I stepped on the ground as the sun shone on me of which I felt overdressed with my sweater and pants.

We had landed on a private airport which was owned by one of Rafael's most eligible friends; Klaus. The only people around were a few stuff members and a chaffer who stood beside the opened door of a black limo.  I walked slowly as the fresh air blew my hair off my face. For a moment I drew only to blow it out with all the tension in my body, enjoying how cool and fresh it was.

Paris, what do you have in store for me?

I could feel Rafael's hand on my back as he assisted me as if I was just a child. In the name of deception I let him put it there. I even turned to give him the prettiest smile I could pull up. I wondered how he felt as he thought He was getting his way. Gracefully I slid in the black and white leather seat as Rafael followed suit. The door was closed afterwards leaving us in the darkened confined space alone.  After such a long flight I definitely needed a warm bath. My feet were sore with my whole body just feeling overworked. All I wanted to do at this moment was to sink on Rafael's lap and take a deep long nap but I would  cut my hand before doing that. It was so confusing what I felt right now, I didn't know if it was the pregnancy or what but I hated Rafael but at the same time I knew that deep within I liked him. I had to admit to myself that I felt all those feelings and I didn't know which feeling would prevail at the end.

I turned just a little and stole a glance at the man sitting next to me. He looked so sexy as he was deep in thought. His eyes were darker, lips thin, jaw hard. This devil right here was so fuck'n sexy and evil. My heart thundered and my hands became sweaty as I felt like the limo was too small all of a sudden.

The limo pulled up a drive way and in minutes it was parked in front of a massive beautiful modern house. It was stunning and big but not too big. Rafael slid out of the car and offered his hand which I took and got out of the car to the bright shining sun. The sky was clear with the air fresh, birds were chirping here and there and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the cold island.

We walked up the stairs together in silence as I admired my surroundings. Guards were already posted here and there with cameras capturing everything around the house whilst a wall separated the house from the world with one big black steal gate as the only way out.  The massive oak doors of the house opened to reveal a large receiving room. Two arm chairs sat next to each other on the right of the round room with marble shinny floors. A shinny brown table stood beside the chairs with a yellow vase filled with flowers. Ahead was a flight of stairs leading to the upstairs but right beside it was a door overlooking another opposite it. Behind the stairs was a passage leading to the kitchen.

"I can see you are quite exhausted, let me show you to our room." Rafael broke the silence and left me wondering and cursing under my breath.
Our room my ass.

He went up the shiny stairs, up two floors and on the fourth floor was a dark, long passage with doors on either side. We walked to the end where we entered the door looking south. As he pushed the hinge, a fresh breeze blew at my face. The room was glorious with the light pouring in through the opened cottage doors as the curtains danced to the wind. I could make out a California king bed covered in white sheets. The marble floor was shiny but was covered by a white fluffy carpet. Side tables stood on either side of the bed with side lamps and books whilst a gold arm chair stood just a little far from the bed on the right, decorated with a white cushion. Opposite the bed far ahead was a living room adjoining the bedroom with a long white couch around a chocolate coffee table. Behind the couch straight ahead was a fire place and a TV mounted just above it on the wall. You could perfectly watch TV whilst in bed.
Rafael walked through some door as I stood admiring my new hell hole, after a few seconds I could hear water running. I stood there for some time as the maids brought up our bags taking them to the walk in closet besides the armchair which was besides the bed.