Chapter 20 *EDITED*

The wind blew; rattling our cloths, making it hard to hear anything else besides its cry.

I stood under the grey sky not caring of all the dust that blew now and then.  My eyes were fixated on something, something that broke my heart and shook my soul.  A brown coffin, I watched it slide deeper and deeper into the ground knowing that within was a person whom I killed.  My heart was sore in a way that I couldn't explain, the tears that flooded none stop didn't help to ease the pain I felt. The black outfit I wore couldn't begin to match the darkness I felt inside.

It felt so wrong to stand and watch as her relatives' grief, it felt so wrong to stand there and cry as her mother cried.  It utterly felt so wrong to stand beside the man who patted my back now and then.  The anger that boiled inside of me couldn't even be measured.  I felt like a walking volcano with all the feelings and thoughts.

Finally the coffin disappeared deep in the ground and one by one the family threw roses on it. My hands trembled, I held on to it with the fear of dropping it.  I felt a hand gentle push me from behind then realized that it was my turn.  Slowly I walked towards the dug hole and saw the box just laying there.  It was hard to imagine that inside was a person, a person who was full of life last week.  It was hard to imagine that we bury her deep in mud then just leave her to rot there.

Closing my eyes I forced myself to let go of the rose and memories of my father's funeral came crushing back.  My whole body violently shook with steamy fresh tears pouring down.  I remembered all those people wiping their few fake tears.  No one understood or felt the pain that I had felt, not even my mother who had roughly grabbed my hand "stop being a drama queen," she had said.

Strong hands suddenly held me tight and I leaned in knowing exactly who it was.  I was disgusted by the thought of him holding me but I was too weak to fight him off.

Rafael slowly led us to the car as everyone dispersed.  I took his warmth and found comfort in it.

"Mr vintage!  Mr vintage! "A strong feminine voice came from behind us.

We turned to find Ruby's mother jogging along with her two girls who were about eighteen and twelve. My heart seemed like it would stop at that moment. The mother wore a long black silky dress, simple black shoes with a throw blanket thrown on her shoulders. Dark marks were visible under her big swollen eyes.

"Sorry to bother you sir, you have done so much for us already.  You are so kind Sir, "it seemed like Ruby's mother would literally kneel and thank Rafael.

Disgusted I shifted away from Rafael and looked away.  It pained me that they would never really know how their daughter or sister died.

"Please Sir, please, this is my daughter Valencia. Please hire her sir, please.  She can clean, cook, wash, everything sir everything.  Please sir, we need the money." Ruby's mom begged with tears already threatening to pour out.  The two girls were kneeling now begging.

Valencia was more like her sister.  She had long brown hair, brown plain eyes yet she was so beautiful and young, her innocence evident.

"No!" I found myself speaking up for the first time in days.  It seemed weird to speak after so long.

They all gasped at my response with the mother's tears rolling out, she fell to her knees, grabbing the end of my dress.  She begged like her life depended on it.

All eyes were on us now with Rafael staring at me like he was daring to see what I was going to do.

"Mr Vintagé will take care of all your expenses from food to education.  Valencia doesn't have to work ma'am but just continue with her studies and not worry about money.  So if you need anything ma'am, just ask please." I said trying to help her up, I wouldn't let that bastard take another child to hurt.

"Oohh.... Lord bless you my child, thank you madam... Thank you...! "Ruby's mother jumped up in excitement thanking me over and over again.  The two young girls were smiling.

I turned and walked to the car.  A guard standing nearby opened the door for me and I slipped in the back seat.  In a few minutes the opposite door opened and Rafael slid in sitting next to me.
His masculine scent hit me first making me want to just vomit.  I looked out the window.  Blocking everything out as I watched the trees slowly pass as the car drove off from the cemetery.  Houses oozed by as I stared out the tinted window.  It was hard to breathe as I felt like I was being suffocated.  I could feel his eyes burning holes on my skin as he watched me like a hawk.

I placed my hand on my stomach which was something that was becoming a habit.  I couldn't believe that a life was growing inside me. It was really hard, doubts and fear filled me.  How could I raise a child?  I was barely an adult myself and not to mention that the father was a crazy ass,  killer psycho.

Tears threatened to fall off but I held them not wanting him to see me cry like this. I felt lost and helpless, I had so many questions that I had no answers to.

The car came to a halt, startled I looked outside to realize that we were back in the mansion.  Quickly I opened the door and rushed off hoping he wouldn't grab me in attempt to talk or something.  I took the elevator up and ran to my room only to stop in my tracks. The room was empty of my stuff.  Perplexed I walked to the closet to find it empty.

I walked out to the passage trying to find someone to tell me what happened.  The elevator beeped with the doors sliding open.  A maid came out.

"Sorry ma'am, Mr Vintagé said I should tell you that all your things have been moved to his room." the maid simply said, bowed then left.

I felt my anger boil.

How dare he?

Bastard!

Never!

Taking the elevator to the fourth floor I went to his office bashing the door open and storming in.  He sat behind his messy desk in his chair.

"What the fuck is wrong with you.  How dare you take my things into your room you shit? Take them back or I swear I'll! "I said having walked around his desk now pushing back his leather chair roughly.

"Or what? What will you do huh?" He shot back with his hand choking me fear running all over my body my anger having got the best of me.

"Fuck you," I said back with a low yet strong voice.
He was now standing, his hands around my throat as I tried pulling them away with mine while gasping for air.

"Listen to me and listen me carefully because I won't repeat this" he said emphasizing every word. "You will move into my bed room and do whatever I say because if you don't, I will put a bullet in that belly of yours."

My whole body froze for a minute before it violently shook. He would do that to his child? Tears spilled over my eyes as he let go of my neck leaving me to cough and choke as I sobbed.

What will my baby be born to? I thought.  My heart broke as I replayed his words.

I walked out of his office too shocked to even know what or where I was going.  I just kept on walking.  It seemed like my mind was no longer there with my body acting on its own accord.  I blinked once, twice and found myself seating in the middle of the garden on the grass, I also noticed the three guards that stood nearby watching me.

It was cold and the grass was wet. As much as my dress was wet and I was dead cold I stayed there, just watching the sky.  I didn't know what to do next but I knew I had to fight.  I had to fight for my child, what kind of house hold would she be born to.
I had to fight