Chapter 22 *EDITED*

Rafael's P.O.V

I sat on the cold leather black chair with a glass of scotch in my hand, a cigar on the other. It was 2am in the morning and I was dead tired but I couldn't go to my room. I had to make sure she was asleep.

I knew moving her into my room was the last push over the cliff of our "relationship" but I wanted to be near her. I wanted to drown in her scent, watch her belly grown day by day.  Killing my baby is something I'd never do, I'd rather shoot myself but the fact the she believed that I would, showed me the monster I had become.

I loved laying besides her, placing my head on her belly. I adored brushing her belly. Something we had made together was growing inside her. A baby, my baby. I still couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that I would have let them rape her, I had been so angry, so blinded by fury. What had I turned to, whom had I become?

The fact that Tom was scared for his siblings said something about me. The point that he wanted to leave said a lot.

I had to change. I had to change for my baby, for Harley.

Finishing off the cigar I stood up and walked to the door. There I switched off the lights and walked to the elevator, going up to my room.

The whole house was quiet and dark except for the guards that stood here and there. Carefully I opened the door, peeking in.

She was peacefully sleeping on the floor, the white fluffy blanket just covering her from the legs. I had put her through so much but she was strong, she didn't break. Carefully I walked past her to the bathroom where I took a shower then pulled on my black pyjama pants before slipping next to her and carefully placing my head on her belly.

It felt comforting, peaceful.

"I promise to change for you baby," I whispered placing a kiss on her vent before turning around and falling asleep.

By 5am I was awake and fully dressed. I turned before leaving and stared at her beautiful sleeping form.

"I'm sorry," I whispered before closing the door and walking to my office.

Maids were all over the place, scrubbing, dusting and sweeping. The aroma of coffee already filled the house. I inhaled, loving the smell.

I walked into my office and started working on the trade with Asia.

When the clock hit nine I got up hoping that Harley was down for breakfast.  I made way down stairs and saw her sitting on one of the chairs around the table.
She looked pale and concerned.  Sitting down opposite her,  I grabbed a plate then put some toast before pouring my cup of black coffee not knowing if I should greet her or not. To me she looked like an angel with the sun rays from the window behind her making her look glorious.  She wore a grey sweater along with sweat pants and Nikes.

She bit her lower pink lip,  contemplating about something as her eyes stole glances now and then thinking I wasn't looking.

"Where do you sleep?" she finally asked huskily taking me by surprise.

It took time for me to register what she saying with all the shock, I wasn't expecting it.

Quickly I analysed the question and carefully picked my answer.  Our relationship was like walking on eggshells now.

"I sleep in my room but on the bed," I lied.
She stared at me, really stared as if analysing my answer.  After some time she nodded her head and went back to staring at her bowl of yoghurt with strawberries, blueberries and crushed biscuits.
I knew why she wasn't eating it, it's because it didn't taste the same as yesterdays, and I had a secret ingredient of which the chef did not know about.
Acting like I was not to pay attention, I drank my coffee with the two slices of toast then left to the kitchen then office.

Time passed as I drowned in all the paper work.  It was never ending just more and more work.  My phone rang none stop with my boys confirming shipments, deals and posing questions.

The office was now filled with smoke from the cigars I had smoked.

Someone knocked on my door.

"Yes!" I shot back not looking away from the loads of paper work.

"Sir, Miss Harley is by the garage, ordering us to give her one of the car keys.  She says she has a doctor's appointment and you have given her permission," the guard said with his laced with just a little bit of fear.

"What?!" I firmly said standing up and heading to the door.

I didn't know anything on appointments.  The way to the garage seemed longer today, I took the stairs because the elevator was too slow for my liking at this point.

I could hear the uproar two floors away, which made me increase my pace.

Pushing past the door I saw her standing beside the jeep with her hands folded into tiny fists, her cheeks red with fury along with her petite nose, it was so cute as she threw her little tantrum. The guard standing in her way looked frustrated and confused.

"What is happening here?" I asked near them.
They all froze, Harley did not even turn to look at me, and she was frozen where she stood.  I walked to where the guard stood and told him to go back to his stationed place.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.
She held her head high, tightening her fist and I knew just then that I'd get a piece of her mind.

"I am going to the hospital to check if ' your! ' baby is okay,  the child I got when you forced yourself on me after kidnapping me you asshole so now give me the stupid keys. "

Her words cut me like a knife,  they left me torn into pieces so much that I walked,  grabbed the keys and gave them to her not fully acknowledging what I was doing.

"Ronnie and Saberio go with her!" I shouted before leaving to my office.

It pained me to even take a step.  I felt like a failure, a monster.  Getting into the office I locked the door and drank the whole 750ml bottle of whisky before crushing it against the wall.

In my head played certain words over and over again.

You're going to miss your baby's first check-up.

You're a failure.

You're a monster.