Chapter 19 *EDITED*

"We have to let go of the life we have planned to live the life we have been given"

Can you imagine a point in your life where everything you know has been ripped away from you, a point where there is no point in fighting anymore?  Imagine a point where by you are willing to accept death and actually wish for it, a point whereby you are just tired.  All the hope has been taken from you, all your dreams, you dread every moment that passes and pray for your death.

Life can be unfair, you do all the good stuff and still suffer. You do all the bad stuff and still suffer, it seems like all we here to do is suffer. I lay on a thin mattress covered in torn, dirty sheets.  It was dark and it blended with my mood.  I knew this place, I knew it perfectly well.

It was the place where he raped me, the scene played over and over in my mind and the pain I felt right now seemed to consume me.

I hated myself, dreaded the point that I had sucked up to him, thought him human, thought him caring.  All those times he fucked me and I begged for more, all those times I craved his touch, how loose I had been. I hated myself.

The air smelt so bad but I didn't care, I couldn't even feel the cold that had my feet numb.  I heard the screeching of the steel bars against the floor and didn't even raise my head, I didn't care who it was.
The lights were turned on, blinding me. I shoved my head more to the dirty sheets to protect my eyes.  I could hear the patter of footsteps coming towards me, could feel the stares on my back. There seemed to be a crowd and I knew perfectly well why.  This was the day I dreaded, this was what had kept me in good behaviour and this was my death.

"Get up!" I could recognise this voice in my sleep, in hell.  It used to give me creeps but not now,  I wasn't scared of him ,  he'd do what he wanted to do to me whether I complied or not.

"I said get up!"

He had destroyed me, destroyed me for no reason.
"Guards bring her up!"

Two pairs of hands found my arms and roughly pulled me up and off the bed. I stood just right in front of him and for the first time in a long time I looked right straight in his eyes.

I held the stare like he was beneath me.

His dark hair was messy, jaw strong and hard, his face as deadly as hell.  I should have been afraid, should have crumbled just from his stare but I didn't.  I was tired.

Tired of him.

"You dare go against me? You dare cross me? You break out of my house with my servants.  How dare you?  you ungrateful bitch, " he was now heaving ,  his face turning red.

"You will regret this, I swear to make you suffer for the rest of your worthless life"

I felt tears creep inside me, the pain was unbearable. I just couldn't understand why I was suffering like this.

I hadn't done anything wrong, he was the one who took me away from my family.  He was the one who raped me.  He was the one who beat me and threatened me.  So why did he want me to suffer? What had I done to him except for respecting and giving him my body?

What more did he want from me?  I gave him everything.  I even gave him my heart so why did he hate me so much?

My lips trembled and I couldn't hold myself but just burst into tears.