-Dreaming about her already? [Chapter 4]

Niall Horan:

My consciousness was upon me, but I didn’t feel quite there enough to open my eyes and actually begin the waking up process. In fact this had been the case for about the last twenty minutes, sleep felt too good when you had to get up and be somewhere. As I shuffled around, I felt an odd feeling of confusion overcome me. I refused to believe I was suffering with memory loss when I had barely turned a real adult. Also, my bed seemed to have gained some kind of change in softness and shape, that made it not really feel like a bed at all.

I inhaled a breath, hoping to catch a waft of something Harry would be cooking me for breakfast. But instead I got an aroma that was nothing close to that of food – which was really all my grumbling stomach was yearning for right now. The sweet smell of female perfume filled my nostrils, and as I moved around a bit, I was almost convinced there was another presence somewhere close to me. And upon smell, this was a girl. I couldn’t remember very much from yesterday, but this was just down to the fact that I didn’t have a perfect memory, not the consumption of alcohol.

So I lay there for a few minutes, listening for sounds, feeling for movements. I wanted to open my eyes and realise really what was going on, but I felt rigid and somewhat nervous for who was going to be lead beside me when I did so. So I tried to remain completely still after doing the necessary checks that I was in fact, fully clothed – this did calm me a little.

I had grown bored of listening for things, so it came as quite a shock as my phone began to vibrate and sing a ringtone in my pocket. It made my body go into a short spasm as I sat bolt upright, my surroundings shocking me as much as the noise blaring from the speakers of my mobile. Of course now my memory had been refreshed, and I did the justice of telling myself that this girl beside me was indeed a girl named Ashley. She was very close to me, which I suppose was a little unavoidable for two people on one sofa. But with my almost definite estimations that she was not single, it made me very uncomfortable to have slept in such proximity with a taken girl I hardly knew.

After these realisations, including the one that my phone was still ringing, I got up swiftly away from her. I fumbled my phone in my hands in a rush, trying to press my palm to the speakers to muffle the noise, as a result of my haste the phone almost fell through my hands as I almost fell to the ground by the obstacle of someone’s leg being placed inconveniently on the floor. Stumbling away from my guilty mistakes I headed for the nearest door I could see, which brought me to a hallway. I took a deep breath before answering the call, pressing the phone to my ear as I loitered awkwardly in the hallway of someone’s house I didn’t really know at all.

“Niall!” Zayn’s voice filed my ear, too loud for this early.

“Shut up.” I hissed, massaging my right temple in the dizziness I had succumb to in my rush to leave the girl.

“I’m not playing that game. Where are you?”

I looked around me at the high ceilings, the crème walls decked with photographs that were not mine to look at and sighed. “That house, you know the one, with the girls, those blonde girls.”

He was quiet for a second. “Niall, ‘those blonde girls’ are the daughters of the man who helps put your money in the bank, the least you could do is learn their names.”

“I know their names,” I insisted. “I just feel awkward using them because we’ve known them for less than twenty-four hours and I’ve already slept in their living room.”

“I’m sure it was fine, the older one kept you company, right?”

“Who?”

“You said you knew their names.”