-Un willingly visit the past [Chapter 56]

Ashley’s POV:

Waking up early was something that had become a forced habit that was not enforced by choice however I did nothing to prevent it as maybe I kind of enjoyed it. There is a certain sense of achievement and order I get from waking up and getting up fairly early, the extra hours you gain to do whatever the hell you like are somewhat rewarding 'and give me the brief re-assurance that I  may have the slightest bit of organisation in my blood still.

Not that I had any particular reason for getting up at the average time of around 5:30 every morning but that didn’t stop me never the less. I also never did struggle to lift myself from Niall and remove myself from the covers as I slipped into my morning activities which I would often complete alone.

Never knowing what summer like activities I would partake in that day with Niall and the boys and sometimes Faye and Ellie as well if they weren’t busy it was not often I knew what I would have to prepare for so what I did in the about 4 hours I had to myself every morning would usually consist of several options. Without fail I would always go for a jog around the lanes for about half an hour, just after sun-rise. Nobody ever was about at that time, occasionally I’d pass somebody clearly on their way to work or some days I’d pass a boy of about the age of 15 doing a paper round on his bike, we would exchange a smile each way, never anything more, never anything less, I never did and most likely ever would know his name. Returning home I would usually shower then proceed to have a healthy breakfast, some days Niall was up to eat breakfast with me but most of the time he was asleep still along with everyone else. I then would spend a considerable amount of time altering my appearance for the day, clothes, hair, make-up, skin care, all of it, 1 to 2 hours spent. Being the organised person I am I made sure to fit in at least 20 minutes of studying every morning, so if my mother ever was to question my progress for this summer I would have something academic to show for it.

Most mornings when I came downstairs after readying myself for my run Louis would be up. If he was the likelihood was he’d be in the garden still in his pyjamas sat on a deckchair or something a coffee cup in hand as he just stared about at the summer mornings. If I was to catch him earlier I would witness him preparing his drink or even earlier hear his footsteps creeping down the stairs then a few minutes later followed by the patio doors opening. We never would speak then though, if he was to see me he’d smile at me acknowledging my presence with a bold wave and then once I had returned it we would both go back to our own routines slipping out of each other’s.

We never did speak of this routine though, nobody did, nobody asked, few knew, few cared. It was just part of everyday life now.

Rolling over my eyes instantly fell upon an again sleeping Niall. His hair all scruffy his lips slightly parted as he breathed softly his chest rising and falling with every breath. I smiled the same way I did when I woke up to this every morning and then pressed a kiss to his forehead and even though he was still sleeping he smiled like he does sometimes.

After showering, dressing and tying my hair in a high ponytail I went downstairs. I knew Louis was up because his door was again slightly ajar when I passed the covers ruffled and I also heard him creeping down the stairs while I was doing my hair. However as I reached the bottom of the stairs the usual complete and utter silence of the house at this time of morning was smashed into a million pieces when a loud blaring of music erupted.

After a muttered curse of “Shit” the music stopped almost as quickly as it had started. Furrowing my brow I crossed the last step and leant against the doorway to the living room and then I knew that after our week long streak of never speaking we were about to break that whether we wanted to or not.

“It…it fell”

Louis informed me looking up from his position by the stereo. I just looked at him then after forcing a smile and a nod Louis did the same then looked to the ground walking to the kitchen. He put the kettle on oblivious to the fact that I was still watching him. He took out 2 mugs from the cupboard and placed them on the worktop along with the jug of granulated coffee, wait two mugs? Strange. Then leaving the kettle to boil he cracked open the patio doors and stepped outside and after walking a few steps presumably to his usual seat on the deckchairs or bench I could no longer see him.