-She better be an angel... [Chapter 19]

Niall’s POV:

She was stressed. Really stressed. It was a side of her I hadn’t seen before  and before she had even led eyes upon me or spoke that morning I could tell something was really wrong, you could just see it in her eyes. My suspiciousness were only proved further when she began to speak, well shouting, even from where I was stood I could see tears gathering in her eyes but she bit her lip pressing her tongue against the inside of her cheek determined not to let the tears spill, it pained me to see her like that but she didn’t want anybody she seemed to be only interested in shouting at Ellie who also had seemed different on the way here. Something’s going on, girls are so complicated sometimes. The way that Ashley was practically screaming at Ellie was somewhat scary, Ashley was getting so worked up about Ellie staying at this Jack guy’s house, I didn’t know who he was but obviously it wasn’t one of Ashley’s favourite people at all. Asking right now would only make things worse so I kept my mouth shut watching the argument play out right in front of us.

We watched from the living room as they rushed down the stairs Ashley blowing her hair from her face closely followed by Ellie wiping her eyes. Ellie didn’t look our way and neither did Ashley just murmuring a quick “We’ll be back soon” and then I heard the door slam indicating they were gone, where I didn’t know but I decided it best to just leave them to it, they obviously both need their space to sort out whatever it is that’s going on.

“What the hell’s going on?”

Zayn spoke up and I dragged my gaze away from the door where they had left from to him.

“Dunno”

“Well you should”

“Why?”

“Because Ashley’s your girlfriend”

“That doesn’t mean I know everything, I just know she’s upset because Ellie lied to her, I don’t know why and I’m not gonna ask, that’s between her and Ellie”

I sighed placing my phone down on the coffee table. Just because Ashley’s my girlfriend it doesn’t mean she has to tell me every single thing that happens, she doesn’t have to and I don’t expect her to if she doesn’t want to.

Ashley’s POV:

The whole way there it was silent, I had nothing to say, she knew how disappointed I was in her, not that she’d actually done it with somebody because she’s 16 and I am in no position to stop her, it’s the guy she did it with and the fact she was stupid enough to not use protection was what disappointed me deeply and she’d have to be a fucking angel from now on if she didn’t want Dad to know.

I paid for the test as Ellie was too full of shame to be buying a pregnancy test, I guess it wouldn’t look too good on her but that didn’t make it look any better on me.

The ride home was equally as silent as she sat there reading the instructions with wide eyes and I promised myself that this would never be me, never.

We got home and went straight to the bathroom ignoring the stares from the other boys; I waited outside the door while Ellie did what she had to do for the test nervously drumming my fingers against the wood of the door as I waited.

We locked the door and I sat on the floor with my back against the wall as I set the timer Ellie nervously shook her leg. I tapped the test against my fingers over and over, this was the longest two minutes ever, a knock came at the door followed by an Irish accent, I sighed.

“Guuuuys, I need to use the loo”

“Wait”

I replied.