-Come on an adventure with me [Chapter 49]

Ashley's POV:

This was stupid. Utterly and ridiculously stupid. That we were fighting over one phone call with Kyran. It is not my fault that Niall doesn’t know who he is. I guess I was wrong when I told Kyran that Niall wouldn’t mind. Now that I thought back, I really did hate what a bitch I was being to him, but I can’t change it now, I can only hope that he knows I didn’t mean it.

The cool night air whipped around me as I crossed my arms over my chest as the tears tumbled down my cheeks, I wasn’t crying heavily but I was crying enough to know that it wasn’t going to stop immediately.

I hate fighting with him and when I’m angry it can be so easy to just blame him but as I think about it more I come to realise that maybe it is my fault and partially his. I should have just told them who Kyran was in the first place and not kept it from him but on the other hand he didn’t have to kick up such a fuss about it, he over-reacted and maybe I am now but I can’t change that now.

I wiped away the tears with the sleeve of my jumper as I walked down the road my ballet pumps making faint noises against the pavement in the silence of the street. I wasn’t planning on going far; I’m not stupid, I just need to get away for a bit. I wouldn’t be able to stay there knowing that everybody heard our fight it’d just be too awkward and embarrassing.

I took a deep breath through my mouth trying to settle my breathing down as when crying I hold my breath without knowing it, don’t wanna pass out again. I knew this wasn’t the end, hell no it wasn’t the end, it was just a ripple in the ocean, even though we’ll get over it; it doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt and that it’s easy because it’s not and I absolutely loathe fighting with him.

I arrived at the park at the end of the street, it was about 10 minutes from the house and seemed a good place for me to just calm down and be alone. It was empty and silent. My feet crunched against the bark of the play area as I made my way over to the set of swings and sat on one, the cold leather going through my jeggings as I rested on it swinging back and forth ever so briefly.

My phone lit up with a text from Louis.

Where are you? We’re worried. That includes Niall.

As another tear fell I exited the message without replying, turned my phone off and chucked it without thinking. It landed on the tarmac with a bounce about 6 meters in front of me.

I wondered if Niall really was worried. He was the one who suggested that I have something going on with Kyran, why be worried when I didn’t take it well and stormed out? I clearly wasn’t his favourite person today so he shouldn’t be that worried.

Some shouting pierced the silence and I looked to the other side of the park, behind the hedge was a river and there were people passing through the hedge by the looks of things. I could see the bridge well and the river through the gap in the trees. I watched as a few men with cans in their hands smoking cigarettes passed through, they did look my way but moved on their shouting getting quieter as they passed a long with their shadows that were cast out and slipping down the water.

I could feel a disturbance throughout the park and as I turned I knew my judgements were correct as I was faced with a boy. He looked a similar age to me and was wearing dark jeans with white converses; he had on a blue hoodie with a navy blue body-warmer and chocolate brown hair which had gotten longer since I last saw him. He looked straight at me and his words kept on ringing out through my head.

I heard you’re back in town. Coincidental shiz. So am I.

Luke shoved his hands into his pockets and we just continued to stare at each other from this distance. But the strange thing was that he didn’t un-settle me in any way, he was never abusive and when we were together he was sweet and we had a good relationship, he just cheated and went over the top sometimes. So his presence was not one that bothered me more intrigued me. Our phone call when I was in Ireland with Niall seemed so distant and un-important now. In fact maybe it seemed kind of pathetic now that I saw him in the flesh, we did have some good times and we had some bad ones, he’s just an ex, he cheated, he hurt me, I got over it. No point holding a grudge about it.