-Out playing Mr Spectacular [Chapter 62]

Ashley's POV:

Raising her eye-brows a smirk arose on Ellie’s lips as I flopped down onto the sofa blowing hair from my face as I rubbed sleep from my eyes.

“When’d you start buying men’s Jack Wills hoodie’s then?”

She asked tauntingly as she brought her spoon of steaming porridge back to her lips and slurped up the heated mixture into her mouth.

“It was the first thing I saw and it’s cold, stop judging”

I replied flatly taking my phone from my pocket and checking for any messages from him, none. He’ll be on the plane or something. I re-assured myself.

“Or you’re just utterly obsessed with him so you feel the need to amerce yourself in his scent when he left less than 5 hours ago?”

Refusing to let her tamper with my good mood after yesterdays and last night’s events I ignored her remark proceeding to rub the cool metal of the necklace between my forefinger and thumb. I smiled to myself remembering the way he draped it around my neck and sang to me yesterday, telling me that he loved me, that I was beautiful and that this necklace was for me to remember him by, I didn’t need anything to help me remember his beautiful self but this maybe made it easier, maybe made it harder, I didn’t know but I sure felt blessed. It’s such a beautiful piece of jewellery and it coming from him makes it so much better.

“Whoa that’s nice, when’d you get that? I haven’t seen it before”

She admired my necklace and I smiled as I let go of it and it fell back into place against my skin lifting my gaze to meet hers.

“Niall got it for me” I informed her. “Yesterday”

Before she had a chance to reply the front door cracked open and the sound of my mother’s loud sighing filled the house.

“By the way” Ellie began tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “Don’t go thinking I don’t know what went on last night…”

My glance shot up to hers as I tried my best to hide my embarrassment hoping that she would not openly bring this up as our parents entered the house for the first time today. There is never any telling with her.

“I was back a lot earlier than you thought I was…”

She smirked placing her bowl onto the oak coffee table and leaving the room with an annoying smirk still plastered on her face with what she knew and how she was planning to mock about it.

I could hear various hellos being exchanged and then I knew that it would not be long until the few questions they would pick up on would start pouring in. Who’s hoodie is that, that’s not yours? When you’d get that necklace? What did you do yesterday?

“Oh gosh that’s a cute necklace Ashley, when did that come about, I don’t think I’ve seen that one before have I?”

My Mother mused as she set her coat down on the back of the sofa running a hand through her hair.

“Niall got it for her”

Ellie informed her before I had a chance; my mother raised her eye-brows briefly at this before smiling at me.

“Awh well isn’t that lovely? Let me have a look then love”

She cooed as she bent closer to me picking up the necklace and resting in it her palm as she examined the golden clover.

“Wow that is nice looks like it must have cost a lot too”

I said nothing just smiled as she let go of my necklace and it resumed the position just above my chest.