-Broken promises [Chapter 75]

Ashley's POV:

The next morning I wasn’t feeling much better. In fact maybe even worse. I had received many texts overnight regarding Niall’s condition and what had to be done at A&E. Turns out they were there for the majority of the night. They called me a few times as well but I just couldn’t do it. However much I wanted to go and see Niall and just make sure he was alright was ridiculous but I knew it was for the better if I didn’t, I got halfway there at two in the morning in the pouring rain, I heard the sirens, the flashing lights and I broke down again, I just couldn’t do it. He needed to let go of me the same way I needed to let go of him and neither of us can do that if I just go back. However much I want to.

I hadn’t bothered to wash any make-up off or anything last night so it was needless to say I looked pretty horrible. But I didn’t care; all I cared about was if Niall was okay. I rubbed at my cheeks and looked at my palms which were now stained in black. Giving up on my appearance I slipped my dressing gown over my underwear and made my way downstairs. Only to get some tissues and then I’d go straight back up and wallow myself in my own tears.

“What ever happened to you?”

My Mother asked in dis-belief as I took 3 boxes of tissues from the kitchen cupboard. I turned to look at her narrowing my eyes.

“If you must know, which I’m sure you’re pleased to. I broke up with Niall. Hence why I look like this, I spent the night crying.”

I snapped already beginning to storm out.

“Oh darling that’s great now you’ll be just fine for going to New York and I can e-mail them and confirm, yes this-“

“Great? Freaking great?! Oh yeah I’m so fucking happy. I hope you are too and I hope whatever money and fame you get out of me doing this job is worth me losing the love of my life for. Fucking amazing this, isn’t it?! Absolutely fucking amazing!”

I retorted now drawing some attention from my father who had just entered and Ellie who was at the top of the stairs.

“Ashley Jessica Dawson that is no way to speak to me. You’re being ridiculous. It’s not like he’s dead is it?!”

“Maybe not. But our relationship fucking is!”

“I’m glad.”

My Mother muttered. I couldn’t be dealing with it anymore. I shook my head giving her the death stare upon all death stares as I stalked back upstairs pushing past Ellie on the way.

I noticed my open laptop on the desk and leant over it as I opened the new message that was flashing on my Skype. It was from Niall.

2:43 PM.

Yesterday afternoon, before everything went so wrong. My heart started beating faster. I didn’t know what it was, I guess it was just, proof that before everything went wrong because of me last night we really had something. And we still do, I’ve just messed it all up.

Obviously your forgetfulness kicked in again and you forgot to come on video call with me:( plonkeerr. I love you really. I can’t wait until later I really miss you! And I have a surprise for you;) I love you lots and lots beautiful:)

-Nialler xxx

He had a surprise for me? And I treated him like shit before he even got to give it to me. Fuck my life.

“I love you too Nialler.”

I breathed barely a whisper.

My phone began to blare out wmyb. Louis has been messing with my ring-tones again. I could hear his voice through the rest of them. In an attempt to make it stop I accepted the call not even really thinking. At least it was only Mallory. I didn’t speak though as I set my phone down on the cupboard speaker faced up.