-You were jealous [Chapter 35]

Ashley’s POV:

I woke up the next morning and almost immediately Harry’s question came back to my mind. Fortunately, a matter of seconds after the words had left his mouth the previous night the door had been thrusted open by an excited yet ‘hungry’ Niall and Louis. I jumped up at this point into Niall’s arms but not before Harry whispered a “We’ll continue this” to me, it wasn’t the quietest of whispers either making me question whether Niall or for that matter Louis had heard but nobody mentioned anything and everyone acted as normal as you possibly could after being locked in your hotel room for just over an hour with no air conditioning.

I lifted myself off from Niall wondering how I even got that on top of him since we fell asleep next to each other last night. I pulled back the covers the somewhat cold air hitting my bare skin as I trudged over to our en-suite and switching on the shower. It was still dark out being 5:30 and all but the lights from the city outside our window shone a lot of light and the city seemed fairly busy and awake for 5:30 in the morning. Despite the many holiday destinations I had been on in my lifetime I had never been to New York and it was a place I’d wanted to visit since I was a little girl. I imagined myself working there one day, some high business women in the fashion industry. Ironic, right? Not so much, remember who daddy is and now, the boyfriend.

I had to be honest I was bricking it for this interview and I had this kind of obsession that it had to go perfectly. Even though I didn’t even know if I wanted the job or not I would feel somewhat as if I failed myself and everyone else if I didn’t get it. It didn’t even quite feel real and I know it didn’t for Niall either. He had no trouble believing that they really wanted me for this job when I told him, his trouble was believing where the job was, New York, it was a thousand miles away from him and everything I’d ever known. That was the sad bit and the bit that hardly anybody could get their head around, especially me and Niall, the idea that one day we could both be so separated from each other pained us both greatly, we didn’t have to say it aloud we both knew it.

I peeled off my pyjamas and stepped into the shower trying my best to cure the sick feeling in my stomach. I couldn’t decide whether that feeling was nerves or just hunger, I decided it was both. I was never usually hungry in the mornings although I was forced to eat by Niall, he never did believe the ‘I’m not that hungry’ line even if in the morning’s sometimes it was true. I guess he’s just concerned.

I was in there for ages, not even doing a lot. Just singing and trying to calm my nerves, I had debated whether I should sing or not since Niall was still sleeping but sometimes he can be a heavy sleeper and he was tired even after he did sleep on the plane yesterday so he was probably fast asleep, he seemed to be when I got up.

He says he loves my singing anyway so that shall be my argument if he complains. Even though it’s terrible, he thinks it’s cute, I think he’s cute.

I blow dried my hair, it was now 6:45 and Niall was waking up. I sat at the vanity and began to apply make-up trying my best to make it perfect. First I applied primer to make my foundation stay on longer while that was setting in I done my eye make-up rimming my eyes perfectly with a black pencil and applying many coats of mascara without looking too fake. I dusted a lot of powder of my face but it was okay because my foundation was fairly pale meaning I didn’t look orange, I can’t stand looking too fake even though I couldn’t live without my make-up I can’t stand it when you just look like you’re wearing way too much.

“Why are you so determined to look perfect for you interview Ash? If you want perfect then don’t wear any make-up”

Niall spoke for the first time today making me jump slightly. I turned around and he was sat up watching me I hadn’t noticed that he had been for the past 2 minutes. I had assumed he was still sleeping.