-Kiss me like you mean it [Chapter 42]

Ashley's POV:

The beach was just as pretty as everything else I had seen while here, the rocks cascading down from the cliffs at the opposite end and the grass that spread across the surface off the cliffs was a rich bright green. The sand was also a bright kind of pale yellow and beach grass swayed in the breeze at the top of the shore.

We sat on the rocks the cool grey surface was somewhat calming I don’t know in what way but it was.

“I was thinking”

Niall’s tone was quiet as he began his thought placing an arm around my shoulder as I rested my head on his, his fingers running through my hair smoothing out any tangles that I hadn’t brushed out earlier.

“You were thinking”

I prompted him to continue as I studied the horizon a cool breeze licking the air and whipping around us.

“That maybe we should fly back tomorrow morning instead of tonight because it’ll just be easier to come back at the start of the day than at the end when we’re tired and all”

I bit my lower lip resisting the smile that was curling at my lips un-successfully as really I knew that fatigue wasn’t the reason we would fly back tomorrow morning, it was the appealing fact of spending just one more private night together.

“Maybe Niall, maybe”

I gave a vague answer resting my head further into his body as the heat transferred from his body to mine. The sun was beginning to rise now and Niall was right, it was beautiful.

“See, this was worth getting up for, right?”

Niall whispered to me kissing my forehead.

“Yeah, it was”

I replied my phone vibrated against my leg and I brought it out unlocking it.

“Who’s that?”

“A tweet”

He took my phone from me before I could open it and held it out of my reach I gave him a confused look.

“What? Give it back”

I demanded and she shook his head.

“Nope”

He popped the p tilting the screen so I couldn’t see.

“Why not?”

His eyes scanned the text as he ignored my question a serious look crossing his face his eyes growing wider and wider as he continued to read the tweet. He tapped away on a few buttons before scrolling through some other things and handing it back to me.

“You’ve deleted it…what did it say?”

I asked giving him a confused look and sitting up slightly crossing my legs as I turned to face him.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m not telling you”

He said bluntly twiddling his thumbs then looking up at me his eyes meeting mine.

“Why? It’s my tweet…”

“I doubt it’s one you would want”

It must have been hate, okay fair enough. I don’t tolerate hate well and it just makes me feel even worse about myself but the curiosity is still there.

“It can’t be that bad”

He raised an eye-brow.

“You’ll probably see it later anyway. Just don’t listen okay? And if you don’t see it then just forget it”