-Rules, regulations&interviews [Chapter 64]

Ashley's POV:

“So when are you coming back because otherwise I’m gonna be bored shitless. Chanel’s off doing some brainiac thing and you’re all I have!”

Mallory whined as she watched me pack my last belongings into my suitcase.

“It’s only gonna be a few days you’ll be fine! Niall’s busy you know, he doesn’t always have the time to spend every second with me.”

This silenced her for a second as she came to the realization that I have to go periods of time without seeing him because of who he is and I can’t just wake up and see him whenever I want as she can with her previous relationships.

“Yeah, that’s true, I get it. Do you find it hard though? Like not seeing him for a long time, seeing him for a few days, and then not being able to see him again?”

I didn’t have an instant reply to this. It isn’t easy but it’s not anything I can’t get through, as long as I keep myself occupied and I at least I get to speak to him every once in a while I make it. I’ve been better lately as he’s been skyping me every night even if it is just for five minutes because he gets dragged away by crew members or whatever.

I shrugged as I packed away the last of my jewellery into a bag along with my make-up.

“Sometimes it’s hard but we’re okay. I mean, it’s to be expected isn’t it? However much we want to spend time together we can’t and that’s okay. It’s just how things are and it doesn’t affect our relationship at all because we both know and respect that we simply just can’t be together all the time.”

“That’s, that’s really sweet you know.”

She admired and I just smiled. I never really did think of it of cute or sweet or anything I thought it was just normal, what we were forced to do, but everyone see’s things in different lights and Mallory’s just an all-around positive person. Sometimes I’ve wished I was like her, always positive and always smiling but somehow I just never have been because I’m not care free and sometimes I worry way too much.

“How is Chanel getting along anyway? I haven’t spoken to her in forever.”

Chanel and Mallory were inseparable throughout high school despite their differences. Mallory being this care free gorgeous party girl not really giving a fuck what happened and Chanel being an intelligent grade A student who was bound for Oxford, so was I at one point but that’s not what I want now. Despite being a thoughtful and over intelligent young girl she also had her wild side and is a great listener too, she’s always there when you need her and maybe during my worst times I could have used her caring personality but I didn’t believe that if I told anyone I’d ever be looked at the same and maybe now I still somewhat feel that way.

She smiled at this a slight smirk invading her smile the type she gets when she’s got some hot gossip that she’s not supposed to spread but she’s spills her guts out to me and Chanel anyway.

“She’s good. She talks about you a lot actually, gushes about how she can’t believe that you’re all the way up there now dating ‘that hot blonde boy’ and becoming a fashion icon, in fact I can’t either. She’s off to Oxford soon isn’t she? Leaving me, nah, bless her she’s so intelligent, got herself some bloke she always swoons about, she insists that there’s nothing going on but I know they’ve been swapping those history notes and that’s something for old Chel, isn’t it?”

I laughed at this. I then realised how much I missed hanging out with these girls sometime. Sure Faye was okay but like I said we’re growing apart now and she’s always busy modelling and when she’s not she’s with Harry so whatever I just hang with Niall and the others because I actually like it better. When she’s a good friend, she’s an amazing friend but sometimes she doesn’t realise some of the things she does and that hurts sometimes. I don’t know maybe I just feel I can relate more to Mallory and Chanel rather than to her now.