-I'm not into him, I'm into you... [Chapter 13]

The next day, Ashley’s POV:

I watched from the side-lines as the boys and Faye were interviewed for some major TV company, this was the interview where Faye and Harry were going to announce their relationship, I was proud of them really, I suppose that it showed that they really were serious about each other, they had been getting a lot more serious lately and I wondered if they loved each other, again that was still none of my business but sometimes it’s nice to know.

Faye was gonna get hate though, I knew she would, but I suppose she’ll deal with it she’s had to before being who she is and I admire her for that. Weather as I, would not be so good with constant death threats and insults from people I didn’t even know, or even worse, people I did know.

They were almost at the end of the interview when the interviewer asked the question that they were asked in every single interview- Their relationship statuses. Then it hit me, what was Niall going to say? I guess this was where I would find out what he thought of us as, now and after last night it was kinda obvious that maybe he does like me but we have nothing official there was still this pang of doubt deep down that I was just his ‘fall back girl’ after Chelsea but I didn’t think Niall would do that, would he? People say that every guy at some point in his life has a fall back girl, a girl who he uses and pretends to love while recovering from a previous relationship but I found that hard to believe with Niall he was so cute and innocent it just didn’t seem possible but you can’t judge a book by its cover.

“So Niall what’s your current status?”

He opened his mouth to speak not sure what to say, speak Niall or else people are gonna get suspicious.

“Single”

He said with confidence, then something snapped inside of me and I felt Harry’s eyes watching me from the set as I walked away to find somewhere to just be on my own.

Why was I so upset? He doesn’t have to say we’re together because technically we’re not, we have nothing official we just kiss and hint to each other and stuff, did all that stuff mean nothing? Was all of this for nothing? Then I felt myself filling with regret, regret that I ever let Niall in.

I found an empty room with crème walls and leather sofa; I collapsed onto it curling up in a ball as I choked back tears not caring weather I was supposed to be in here or not. Then I realised how stupid I was being, I was getting myself worked up over one word that Niall said at an interview, an interview. I need to speak to him myself to find out what’s really going on maybe he had his reasons but he could of least just said he was seeing someone or something, give me some re-assurance that what we have actually means something to him because right now I’m doubtful that I’m yet again the fall back girl.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep. A while later I woke up to the sound of voices but I didn’t move or open my eyes.

“You do it Niall”

“Why me?”

“Because it’s Ashley”

“Fine”

I felt strong arms wrap around me and pick me up, I breathed in Niall’s scent but at the same time I wanted to open my eyes show him I was awake and to get his arms off of me until we could sort out what we were but I didn’t have the courage to do that, more though I did have the politeness to not do that in public.

I felt myself being placed in a leather seat which told me we were probably in a limo, I ‘woke up’ next to Niall, I didn’t say a word as I felt his eyes burning a hole in the side of my face I took out my phone and shifted away from him as I scrolled down my twitter scrolling past the hate on Faye and Harry, it was just a time-filler to get past the awkwardness of refusing to talk to Niall.