Butterflies

Magnus was rummaging through the attic when he came upon a few photo albums. He smiled as he looked through them. All his memories where coming back and he sighed. He saw pictures of Catarina and Tessa, Will and Jem, Luke and Jocelyn, and a few photos of Raphael and Camille.

"Wow, look how far we've come" Magnus whispered softly as he moved a finger down the photo he had of all of them together with smiles. He turned the page and he felt butterflies in his stomach. It was a picture of Alec laughing. Magnus smiled as he moved his finger down the pictures side. He looked so breathtakingly beautiful and innocent.

"Wow I look good" a voice appears from behind him and Magnus smiled. "You always look good, Alexander"

"Turn the page, I want to see more" Alec said and Magnus smiled and did so, it was now a picture of Magnus and Alec's third date.

"I remember that, you kept telling me the stupidest pick up lines" Alec said and Magnus smiled.

"You said you fell for me three times harder that night" Magnus said and Alec smiled.

"I did, you made me laugh so much" Alec said and Magnus chuckled.

"Even now you still give me butterflies my dear, Alexander" Magnus said.

"We were meant to be" Alec said and Magnus smiled softly.

"Forever and Always, Alexander"

"Always and Forever, Magnus"

"Pa? Are you up there?" Magnus heard someone call and he wiped away his tears.

"Yeah, I'm up here" Magnus called down.

"Come on, were gonna be late for Dad's funeral!" Magnus heads Rafael call.

"I'm coming" Magnus said and closed the photo albums.

"I'll always love you, my dear Alexander Gideon Lightwood" Magnus whispered to the ghost of Alec that haunted him. Magnus climbed down and fixed his smeared makeup.

"Come on boys. We don't want to be late" Magnus said softly and both of the boys looked at their father with sad eyes and took each of his hands as they walked outside and to the outside of the institute. The somehow managed to convince the silent brothers to have the funeral outside so they could be there for their loved one.

When they walked in, Magnus saw Isabelle crying into Simons chest, claiming she saw him a few seconds ago. Clary was fighting back tears as Jace bawled over his parabatai.

Magnus watched as everyone cried over Alec's death. Magnus watched as Max cried and Rafael bit back tears and comforted his baby brother. Magnus was heartbroken, like everyone else there.

"Oh Alec. How you will always give me butterflies" Magnus whispered to himself.

Fin.

So this is a sad one, I almost cried writing it. So I took a little break from all the AU's because I was starting to miss normal (well...) Malec. Hope you liked it and comment if I tugged at your heartstrings

Peace out ✌🏻