t e n - Jack

"Advice Man Wolfhard is here, at your service!"

"Thanks, Finn. But I actually need some serious help."

"Okay, what is it you need, Jackieman?"

"I just don't know what to do! Like I don't know what to do on my date! I need ideas!" I said anxiously.

"Uhm, okay. How about, you go to her door with a rose, and then walk her to the park where you've set up a picnic. And don't worry about the picnic, I'll set it up. All you gotta do is buy a rose, pick her up and look nice."

"Yikes that's a lot. Buuuut, okay. So, I have to get dressed nicely, buy a rose and go to her house?"

"Yes, and walk her to the park! I'll get a picnic set up, okay?"

"Okay, good idea. Talk to you later, Finn!"

"See ya later, Jack!"

I hung up and walked back into my closet. I grabbed a nice plaid shirt and some khakis. I guess I looked good enough. I put a little gel in my hair and walked down the stairs.

"Hey honey, you look nice today!" My mom said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks mom, I actually have a date tonight!"

"Ooh, with who?" My dad asked as he was reading the newspaper.

"Just the girl who moved in across the street. Her name is Alex."

"That's sweet, honey. Would you mind bringing some brownies over for the family as well? I want to be a nice neighbour."

"Sounds good mom. But I'm going to run a few errands, so you have about an hour to make 'em."

"Okay, Jack. And while you're there, can you pick up some milk?"

"Of course."

I walked out of the kitchen and to the doorstep. I put on my shoes and headed out the door.
It took about 15 minutes for me to get to the store.
I walked in the door and straight to the flower section. I looked around for a solid 5 minutes until I found the perfect one.
A light pink rose. I grabbed it and got it wrapped up. I then walked to the isles with fridges. I grabbed some milk and walked towards the register.

"That will come to a total of $7.50. "

I grabbed a $10 bill and handed it to the girl behind the cash register.

"Your change will come to $2.50."

"Thank you, Miss."

She bagged my milk and my singular rose.

"Thanks for shopping at Safeway."

I smiled and walked out the door. I walked right home and straight to the kitchen where my dad was still reading the newspaper and my mom was working on the brownies. I placed the milk in the fridge and went upstairs to touch up my hair.

I walked downstairs to see my mom holding a plate with a clear plastic wrap over the top. She handed it to me and I smiled in response.

"Okay honey, good luck!"

"Thanks, mom. I'll be snack at 9:30 at the latest. And if I change my mind, I'll text you."

"Okay, talk to you later, honey."

"Bye, mom!"

I walked out the door with a plate of brownies in one hand and the singular pink rose in the other. I walked across the street and knocked on Alex's door.
The door opened and I saw the most beautiful human to ever walk this earth.

Hehe, I'm done. Thanks for reading. Don't be a ghost reader, comment and vote. This isn't really long, but oh well. I gotta blast (as always) ps, I had a math test today (it's June 1st as I'm writing this, but I'm sure it'll be published some time later.)

(IM HERE FROM JUNE 7th! btw I almost failed the math test I was talking about earlier :/ but it's fine😂 So, school is almost over! Also, I just finished chapter 16 (I write ahead of time) and it gets spicy. If you're reading this, comment 'spicy chapter 16' just so I know who the real mvp's are :))

See ya later, my dudes
-A