n i n e - Jack

(for jjwfbxbes )
(a/n: prepare yourselves :))

I was walking down the street on a Saturday Morning when I felt a pair of warm hands wrap around my waist.
I looked back to see my best friend, Finn grinning. I smiled and he released his grip.
I stopped walking to let him catch up and walk beside me. We walked in silence. But it was a comfortable silence, where nothing was awkward.

"Hey Finn?" I asked. "Why did you hug me from behind?"

"Because I felt like it." He said calmly with a smirk.
I smiled and kept walking.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"To the park, silly. Remember? You asked me to come?" He said as if I knew where we were going.

"Oh, yeah, I remember now. But I thought you went home? And I thought I went to bed? And-"

"Shhh, Jack. No need to ramble. I'm here, baby."
I looked at him, not sure how to feel about the last word. But it did make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Can you say that again, Finn?" I asked hopefully.

"What do you mean, baby?" He asked, as if he knew how I felt about that word.
Yes. I was right. The word. That word. It makes me feel tingly and warm.
Finn and I walked to the park and sat on the swings.

"Why are you doing this, Finn?"

"I like you, Jack. I really do. I thought it would be nice if we could hang out together."

"Yeah, it's nice that we can hang out, but what do you mean by you 'liking' me?" I asked.

"Well, it's simple. I like you. That's it. Simple as that." He replied, not looking at me.

"Do you mean in a friend kind of way?" I asked feeling uneasy.

"Not exactly."

"In a best friend kind of way?" I questioned again.

"Not that."

"Romantically?" I said, more quiet than the rest.

"I guess you could say that." He said. My heart dropped to my stomach and back up.

"A-are you sure?" I asked feeling uncomfortable.

"Yeah, kinda." He said, but this time he was looking at me.

"Dude." I said as nicely as possible. " I like girls."

"Wake up, honey!" Finn said, louder than normal.

"What?" I replied, questioning his sudden change in words.

"You have to wake up, Jack. It's quarter past 7!" Finn said again.
Then, he started drifting away. Everything was drifting away. I tried to hang on to the swing, but the chain faded as well. I closed my eyes. But when I opened them, I did not see a faded world. Instead, I saw my mothers face, hovered over me.

"Jack! Get up!" She said again.

"I'm sorry mom. What time is it?"

"I already told you! It's a quarter past 7!"

"Okay mom, I'm getting up now."

She walked out of the room. I flipped open my blankets and thought about what had just happened.

"That was a dream?" I mumbled to myself.

"What was that, honey?" My mom said, walking back into my room.

"Nothing, mom."

"Okay honey. Be down for breakfast in 5."

I nodded and got up off my bed to close the door. I picked up my phone from the counter and checked the date.
Saturday June 3rd.
Saturday? I have my date today! I ran to my closet to pick out an outfit.

While I was in the closet, I thought about the dream again.

I better call Finn. I dialled up his number and waited.

"Finn?"

"Yeah, Jack?"

"Do you like me?"

"Of course! But just in a friend way."

I sighed due to relief.
"Okay, good."

"You okay bud?" He responded.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just had a weird dream. Anyways, I have a date today."

"I know."

"I need advice, Finn."

"Advice Man Wolfhard is here, at your service!"

Haha okay this was a weird chapter, but I wanted to make it for jjwfbxbes
Anyways, thanks for reading!
Update: jdjdjdjd I had a math test and I almost failed it, oops

See ya later, my dudes
-A