n i n e t e e n - Alex

*skip back to before Alex dropped her phone*

Jack and I were walking down the street to Starbucks, talking about the most random things we can think of.

*bing bing*

My phone. I shrugged at Jack and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I clicked on my recent message. It read:

*unknown number*
number: break up with Jack and be with me, or I'll kill him.

I dropped my phone and grabbed my mouth out of shock. Jack hugged me soon after. I grabbed my phone and shoved it back in my pocket.

"What's the matter, baby?" Jack whispered in my ear, clearly concerned.

"Nothing, let's just get our Starbucks and go back to school." I said trying not to sound fazed by the text I had just received.

Jack and I ordered our drinks and took our seats.

"You alright?" Jack asked me.

"Yeah, I'm good. Why'd you ask?" I said.

"You just seemed to be acting different since you got that text." He told me looking concerned.

"2 s'mores frappé's for Jack and Alex?" The lady behind the counter called. Jack raised his hand and walked towards our drinks. This gave me time to think of an excuse to tell Jack. He paid the lady and brought our drinks over.

"For you, baby." Jack said in his adorable cheesy voice. I smiled and took my drink from his hand.

"You were about to tell me why you were acting different?" Jack said. I nodded.

"I got a text from Wy. He told me some friend stuff. Ya know? You understand because of Finn, right?" I said trying to cover up what I had actually read.

"Oh, yeah. I understand." Jack said smiling. In that moment, I got another text. This time, it was actually from Wyatt.

Wyatt🔫🤙🏼

wyatt: hey, I need some help, asap!
Wyatt: ALEX!
Alex: shouldn't you be in school?
Wyatt: same goes for you.
Alex: touché. What do you need?
Wyatt: Advice! Stat!
Alex: I'm out with Jack right now, I'll talk after school.
Wyatt: alright, I'll come to your house.
Alex: k, see you there wy
Wyatt: back atcha, Lex

I showed Jack my phone, using it as a cover-up.

"See? The first text was what made me drop my phone. Wyatt scared me!" I said building on my lie.

"Alright. So after school we can't hang out?" Jack asked.

"I'm afraid not. I have to help Wyatt with what ever he needs." I said informing him.

"Okay, okay. Let's get back to school before the principal catches us." Jack said.

"Who's the principal? I'm still new, remember?" I asked.

"Principal Lonnie." He said. "Scariest guy around. Nobody knows his last name."

"He doesn't sound too bad!" I said trying to give 'principal Lonnie' a chance.

"He's bad." Jack said, putting emphasis on the 'bad'.

"Alright, alright. Let's get back to school."

We made it too the school yard just in time for lunch break. We walked back as if we were coming back from lunch. We walked through the doors and saw Flo. When she saw us, her eyes got big and she waved us over to her. We walked over there. She then waved her hands furiously, meaning we needed to speed up. We started jogging until we got to her.

"What do ya need, Flo?" I asked.

"Boy, have I got some news for you!"

Yo. Did you know that NEWS stands for 'Notable Events, Weather and Sports'? I know, I was shook too.
YOU KNOW WHY IM ALSO SHOOK? 1k READS, THATS WHAT!!!!
Written ; June 11

See ya later, my dudes,
-A