Chapter 7: best friends or more?'

Olivia’s POV:

After our class, I went to my locker to grab a sweater when Noah appeared next to me.

“Hey Holly” He yelled in my ear and the entire hallway turned around to face me.

“Couldn’t you be any louder?” I asked him holding my ears.

He giggled and said “hey holly” whispering.

I smiled and giggled.

“So, who are you going to the dance with?” he said playing with his fingers.

“I am not sure I am going, I mean sure I bought dresses and all but I’m not sure I am going”

“Holly, I don’t understand, you bought the dress, and you probably have shoes and all. But you are not sure you’re going… wow you are a weird chick” he said laughing again

I elbowed him in the chest and he stayed there in pain. I walked away to my next class.

School was done. And I had soccer practice that day and then I had to help organize the dance for Friday.

I went to the soccer field and I was 5 minutes early, so I went to the locker room, I changed into my soccer outfit and went outside again.

I sat on the benches and I took out my phone and started listening to Payphone by Maroon 5 feat Wiz Khalifa.

I looked at the boys playing soccer; they were all staring at me after kicking the ball to one another.

I watched Antonio but he hadn’t noticed me there; and when he did notice me, a ball flew from nowhere and hit his head and he fell on the ground. The whole team and I laughed at him.

I ran to the soccer field and sat next to him lifting his head up. I put his head on my lap and I passed my hand threw his hair.

“Are you okay?” I asked him trying not to laugh.

“Yeah, I just got distracted by someone.”

I laughed and he did too. One of his team mates helped him up and I got up right after. When I was about to walk off the field, I got lifted up bridal style by Antonio and he spun me around. He used to do that to me when we were kids.

Now I realize I really did miss him. He was my best friend and no one can take his place in my heart.