Chapter 9: the dance

Chapter 9: The dance

It was the dance night and I was going to go alone. Even though bunch of guys had asked me to go with them, my last decision was to go alone.

During those past weeks, Antonio and I have been hanging out, talking (a lot) and just being best friends. We spent days explaining what each other had missed in the others life, we exchanged secrets like old times and we talked about who we liked those past years.

Actually, I was talking about who I liked because Antonio didn’t tell me everyone and the girls her told me he liked they were only one-day girlfriends.

Well right now it is 5 o’clock and it is almost time for me to go get ready.

My nails were already ready and it was perfect. My dress matched my shoes. I was wearing a Floor length one shoulder dress with embellishment details and open back. It was pretty I have to admit, I was going to wear it with silver heels.

I was applying a bit of make-up and doing my hair.

It was near 7 and I had decided to put my dress one. I put the dress and the heels.

I started at my reflection in the mirror, the dress was perfect.

I went down the stairs and I saw my aunt and my brother at the bottom waiting for me. When my brother saw me walking down the stairs, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened. My aunt had tears in her eyes and she was biting her bottom lip.

I turned around for them; they were still with the same emotions.

Without saying a word, my aunt ran to hug me. I laughed and I hugged her back.

Afterwards, I grabbed my small hand bag with my car keys and I went in my car.

I drove off to school, I got there and I parked my car.

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing my bag and going outside.

I walked pass the decorated hallways, before getting into the gym.

Antonio’s POV:

I was getting nervous and impatient. Holy wasn’t there yet and she was kind of like my date. Well maybe to her it wasn’t a date, but to me it definitely is.

I had asked her to be my date right after her cheerleading tryouts.

*flashback to the cheerleading tryouts*

I called holly.

Holly: hello?

Me: hi ally this is Antonio.

Holly: hey is everything okay?

Me: yeah ally, I just wanted to know if we could meet.

Holly: I just finished cheerleading, I’m coming as soon as possible. Where should I meet you?

Me: outside the gym.

Holly: okay, see you then.

Five minutes later, she showed up.

“Hey, sorry for making you wait, I had to change.” She said looking at her cloths.

“It’s ok; I have something to show you though.” I told her grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the soccer field.

We were on the field and we stood on the middle of the field.

I gave her a big box. Inside that box was another box, and in the box was another; until the box became the size of a shoe box. Each time the box was getting smaller, each time there was a word.

After opening all of the boxes and getting all of the letters the sentence was: will you be my date to the dance?

Imagine having to open all of those boxes. Anyway and inside the shoe box was a fake glass slipper, with a little letter and pictures of when we were together. The last present was a necklace I had gotten her before she left, it was heart shaped and in the back it said: forever by your side –Antonio.

When she saw all of this she smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back.

Since she hadn’t read the letter in front of me, she couldn’t tell me if she wanted to go to the dance with me.

*flashback ends*

Just as I was staring at the entrance the song ‘you found me’ by the fray begin to play.

Exactly when the song was saying:

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me

Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded

Olivia walked in the gym. Her hair was flowing, she was stunning, her dress fitted her well, and she looked like a princess.

When I saw her, I smiled to myself and I went to find her I had a rose in my hand for her. When I made my way to her, I handed her the flower and kissed her check. She smiled and blushed.

“Words cannot describe how pretty you are tonight.” I told her.

“Wow! That was really cheesy.” She said giggling.

“I know. But you look really pretty.”

“Well… thank you my prince.” She said twirling and smiling. “You look handsome. White really is your color.” She said this time winking.

I was wearing white jeans with a white shirt.

After a while, we started dancing.

We were dancing a slow song, when she put her head on my shoulder and got closer. I put my lips on her forehead and closed my eyes. When the song was almost over, she lift her head and she looked at me straight into my eyes. She put her hands on my jaw and we got closer.

In less than half a second, all I knew was that my lips were on hers. This time, nothing stopped us. Electricity was running through my body and it was a great felling.

We pulled away; she smiled at me and hugged me.

I held her close to my heart without wanting to let her go. We went outside and sat on a bench. She put her head on my chest and her arms around me. I put one of my hands on her arm and the other on my lap. It was silent, but not an awkward silence, more like a sweet one.

“Your heart beats really fast.” She said looking up to see my eyes.

I laughed and kissed her forehead.

“Holly, I know it might be crazy for the moment but would you like to go on a date with me?” I asked her.