Chapter One

*Harry's P.O.V.*

She's my best friend, and I love her very much. The only thing is she doesn't know it.

I always catch myself staring at her in awe. I never could think of a single reason why that smile could never be on her face. "Harry!" she yells asI walk into the back yard.

The two of us decided to hang out after my world tour; I haven't seen her face to face in over a year.

Colleen stumbles out of her pool then runs straight into me; her wet body soaking my clothed one.

"Hi, Colleen," I smile kissing the top of her head.

"Come on!" she says happily pulling me down to the pool. I can't help but to admire her body in her Batman bikini. I can tell she's been working out; her bum looks amazing in her bottoms. As I trail my eyes up her body, I notice something that I never thought I would see on her.

When I slip out of my clothing, down to my swim trunks, I jump into the pool completely worried about her but don't say anything. As I rise from the water Colleen's dark hazel eyes are looking right at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," she blushes.

I swim over to her, placing my hands on her waist. I've grabbed her many times before, but this time she pulls a little. "That blush on your cheeks is not a nothing."

"Harry," she whines. I stare into her eyes trying to read her face. "Harry, what are you staring at?" To answer her I lean in closer to her face wanting to plant a gentle kiss on her lips, but she pulls away from me; swimming to the other side of the pool. She looks down pushing strands of her hair behind her ears and blushes again.

The two of us continue to swim around for another hour or so then we get out to go watch some TV. We take turns in the shower, and settle down after making something to eat. Colleen turns on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit; I don't know much about the show, but I know enough that it can get emotional. I've cried during the few episodes I've seen. The current episode is pretty brutal, and I feel something wet hit my chest as Colleen snuggles closer.

"Hey, hey. It's alright, Love," I rub her arms, but she pulls away. I can't seem to wrap my head around her actions. "Colleen, what is going on with you? This is the third time you've flinched from me," I say really worried. She's not answering. "Colleen?" I plead as I go to grab her arm. She pulls that away as well. I can feel the tears watering in my eyes because I've never seen her act like this before; it's scaring me. She takes a step closer placing her hand on my face; the one with marks I never thought I'd ever see. I gently wrap my hand around her wrist pulling in in front of me. "Why?" I ask her.

Her tears fall faster then she kneels in front of me. "I didn't think you'd notice."

"How was I not supposed to notice something different about my best friend's body?" She doesn't respond. "Why?" I ask again.

She kneels between my legs not looking at me. She lets me touch her, so I pull her head back to me. Looking into her eyes. "Because I was raped." I drop my hand from her face, and clench my fist.

"WHAT?!" I scream. Her tears are worse now. "You... You... Were... You were raped?" I can't help to let tears fall from my eyes. She nods her head. "How...?" I can't complete the question.

"I... I went on a date, and the guy walked me back here. I didn't..." she sniffles, "I didn't think anything of him. He was my size... And," this time she coughs, "He forced me into the room, and... And... Harry, I don't want to say the rest!" she falls into me. I wrap my arms around her. My best friend in the entire world was raped, and I wasn't there to help her.