Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Colleen’s P.O.V.*

Tour is moving fast, and we’re already half way through. My sessions with Holly are getting better every day; everyone has been taking turns with me in the sessions depending on who is free. I’ve become really good friends with her; despite our age differences. We’ve bonded so well being from the same state, and almost the same town. I’m actually from the most famous town in Pennsylvania. Holly, Kaitlyn and I are watching the boys rehearse; all three of us laughing hysterically at the way the guys act on stage. It’s nice to be able to laugh again; and it to mean something. When they’re on that stage they act as if there’s an entire audience in front of them.

“They’re so funny, and you’re very lucky to have them in your life, Colleen,” Holly whispers to as she watches the guys. Almost in amazement.

“I know… Sometimes it just feels like I’m a burden instead of his girlfriend or their friends…”

“Listen to yourself, Colleen. You’re dating Harry Styles of One Direction. You’re close friends with the rest of the band. You get to tour with them because they want to take care of you. If you were a burden you wouldn’t be here with them, and neither would I.”

I half-heartedly laugh listening to Holly knowing she is right, but I don’t want to talk about that. Besides, my session is over for the day. As I stare at Harry I almost miss my phone ringing. I smile brightly as I see Andrea’s name on the screen. “I have to take this,” I smile walking away, “Hey A and El!”

“Colleen! How are you?! How’s tour going?!” El shouts through the phone. I step further away from everyone else knowing the girls are going to continue to yell.

“It’s great,” I smile to myself. “I can’t believe I get to be here; and I’m not getting anywhere near as much hate as I thought I would…”

“That’s wonderful! Niall finally convinced me to delete my Twitter and I did,” Andrea says.

“Did she, El?”

“Yes, she did! I made sure of it!” I continue to talk to Andrea since El has to get back to studying. I’m really surprised at how she’s handling being separated from Niall for so long. I really miss my girls. I know I have Kaitlyn here with me, but it’s not the same without Eleanor, Andrea and Perrie.

After the call I walk back to the stage to see Niall playing his electric guitar. He proves me once again that he’s a gifted player. Andrea would have fallen in love all over again if she was seeing him now. I catch Harry look at me then he looks at Niall who starts playing “Through the Dark.”

“You tell me that you’re sad and lost your way. You tell math that your tears are here to stay,” Liam says taking me in his arms like the way Harry and I danced at our last dinner. He spins me around the stage. “But I know you’re only hiding, and I just wanna see you.”

Liam passes me off to Louis as Niall sings, “But don’t burn out; even if you scream and shout. It’ll come back to you, and I’ll be here for you.” The guys continue to pass me along dancing the same way, but there’s always a special feeling when I dance with Harry.

But when Zayn’s final line comes up he rest his hands on my shoulder, “And you don’t need to, you don’t need to run. And you will see it’s easy to be loved. I know you wanna be loved.”

At the end of the song Harry picks me up and spins me around as he sings his last verse. “I love you baby girl,” he kisses me in the most loving way.

Tears of joy escape my eyes, “I love you.” I look around him, “I love you guys too!”

“Alright, Love, I have a quick interview that’ll only take thirty minutes. Wait here and I’ll be back soon enough!” he smiles.