Chapter Twenty-Two

*Colleen’s P.O.V.*

The girls keep pestering me about the whole thing with Harry, but there isn’t much I can say about it. As I keep telling them that I continue to try to figure out why the guys are acting the way they were. When we finish up at lunch, after three hours, we head down to the beach with the guys. Harry immediately runs for me, so I turn the other way trying not to scream, but fail when he catches me. He spins me around by my waist as I try not to flail my arms and legs.

“Harry, put me down!” I yell. He doesn’t listen, so he throws me across his shoulder then carries me back to everyone. At least I get a good view from back here. I get an idea and start to trace my fingers along the skin just above his shorts. He quickly puts me down after that, and I pout. “What?”

He steps closer to me placing his lips on my ear, “Don’t want any of that in public, now do we?” he drags his teeth from me ear causing me to shiver. I don’t know what it is anymore that makes me like this around him. Yes, it’s been almost a year since the incident, but I still wake up in the middle of the night crying because of another nightmare. Harry wakes up immediately all the time; he has since the night I told him what happened. Thinking back to what Andrea said, “Out of these two, maybe three, years of knowing him I never saw him so sad. He hid it very well on stage too. And when you told me what happened, there were so many times when I wanted to tell him so he would shut up and make you his again. Seeing him like that kind of made it easier not to tell him, though. If he knew he would have lost it. I don't think I ever want to see that...” I wonder that if Harry did know, would he have lost it? Would he have taken it out on the others? Would he come running back to me if he heard it from her lips before mine?

“No, I guess not,” I smile at him wrapping my arms around his neck. He turns back around, and we continue to walk over to the others. Another game of volleyball is set up; this time all of us playing. Louis, Eleanor, Perrie, Harry and I play against Niall, Andrea, Zayn, Liam and Nicole. It’s still a pretty fair match from when we played girls against guys yesterday. Harry’s coordination is horrendous, so Louis and I make up for him. We can’t help to laugh when someone gets hit in the head only to shortly after make sure they’re okay.

After we play Andrea and Niall run into the water, Perrie runs towards Zayn. But when Perrie is near him, about to hug him, he retreats towards the water; which is very unlike him. Perrie shrugs it off then follows him into the water as her gorgeous body sways in her bikini. As the day passes Zayn keeps acting the same way; as does Louis, Niall and Liam. I’ve never seen them act like this before. Harry still has yet to do anything to me, but I guess sitting in his lap all the time prevents him from retreating from me. Also, while here on the sand, every time the guys start talking with one another I catch them glancing at all of the girls then snicker. There is definitely something going on, but I brush it off just as Perrie did after the volleyball game.

After a few more hours on the beach we head back to the patio where meals are served, and sit around a fire pit for dinner. It’s been a while since I last drank wine, so I order a glass. Harry is still keeping to his words that he’ll never drink again, so just a glass of water for him. Everyone else splits between soft drinks and alcohol, and I hope they don’t drink too much tonight. Dinner is full of giggles, drinks nearly being spit from mouths and cuddling. Lots of cuddling; especially from Harry. I’m still wary about this afternoon’s events.

We all head back to our rooms around the same time after midnight. While Harry’s in the shower I step into the hallway since Andrea called me out. As I open my door I see Nicole in the hallway as well; still in her silk pyjamas.

“What the hell?” she asks looking at the two of us clueless.

“What happened?”

“Li and I were getting ready for bed, me purposely wearing this,” she motions to her pyjamas, “Because it was gonna be another… Fun night before we left… But he brushed me off. He just said goodnight and turned on his side away from me after turning off the lights.