Chapter Fourteen

*Colleen’s P.O.V.*

“Liam, there is something I want to show you, though,” I say.

“Oh?”

“Come with me.” Everyone gets up to follow me anyways. I guide them to the basement to show Liam my most prized possessions.

“Are these…?” I nod my head smiling for the first time in a while. Liam almost freaks out as he starts to look through my comic book collection. It was the one thing my dad let me take over seas of his; his entire comic book collection. Aside from the ones my sister wanted.

“I think these are the one you’ll really want to see,” I slide out the box that starts the beginning of what I have of the original ‘Detective’ Batman series. As I struggle with my wrist being weaker Harry helps me pull down the box.

When Liam looks in the box his eyes light up more than a little kid on Christmas day, “Holy shit! How do you have these?!”

“My dad started collecting when he was in his twenties; those are the original Batman series, and he has many from issue three hundred on. I continue to collect them, and these next four boxes are all of them. Then I have the series ‘Batman,’ ‘Batman and Robin,’ ‘Robin,’ ‘Nightwing,’ ‘Superman,’ and any that pertain to him, ‘Wonder Woman,’ and hers, and a few Marvel ones here and there,” I smile at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me about these earlier?!” he laughs trying to open one of the comic books.

“Careful with that, Liam! That’s from the nineteen-sixties!” I yell.

“Sorry!”

“If you want to read them, you’re going to have to be extremely careful or you’ll have to deal with my dad.”

“Your dad?”

“I’d listen to her, mate,” says Harry as I look at him laughing.

Liam and I both take a box of comic books up; he takes Detective and I take Robin. This Robin series is based off of the third Robin, Tim Drake. For the rest of the day Liam is trying to read the comic books he chose, but it’s really just him asking me a bunch of questions about the superheroes. He didn’t know as much about Batman as he thought he did; and since he’s too impatient to know about the Robins I tell him about Richard (Dick) Grayson, Timothy Drake-Wayne, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne, and we watch the two movies that explain Jason Todd and Carrie Kelly’s stories.

“Dick was the very first Robin; whom, anyone who’s either read Batman or has just seen the movies knows that,” I laugh. “He lost his parents like Bruce, so Bruce took him in and he eventually found the Batcave. Tim Drake was the third Robin, my favorite Robin and overall hero; he was the first of the guys to be officially adopted by Bruce. His mother died and Captain Boomerang killed his dad. He has detective skills so great that he deduced the identity of Batman, Nightwing and the second Robin, Jason, all on his own. Stephanie Brown was Robin only for a short while because she wasn’t good enough to be Batman sidekick; not because she’s a girl,” I tease, “But because it was really just too much for her; later, but before the reboot, she dawns the cowl of Batgirl, and is trained by Barbara Gordon herself.”

“What happened to Barbara?”

“She got shot by the Joker, and became paralyzed from the waist down.”

“You really do know your stuff, kid,” Liam jokes.

“My dad gave me all of these; I’ve spent my free time over the many years reading them,” I blush.

“Nothing wrong with that, Colleen,” he smiles rubbing my back.

I smile back at him, “Okay, so Damian Wayne is the only biological son of Bruce. His mother is Ra’s al Ghul's daughter, Talia.”