Chapter Twelve

*Harry’s P.O.V.*

I look at the rest of them; and I know all of them care, but I have never seen so much fear on Zayn’s face in my life. He’s always so quiet and monotone that I hadn’t even realize how much he would care. He never said anything, or asked question when Colleen freaked out.

He steps forward first, “Baby girl,” he coos, “Why are you crying so much? It’s scaring me.” Colleen looks up at him; his eyes are filled with worry, pain and fear. “Please tell us, baby girl.”

Colleen begins to lift herself back up; sniffling and wiping her nose. “Okay,” she whispers. Finally, I think to myself letting out a huge sigh of relief. “I…” She looks between Louis, Andrea, Niall, KAitlyn and me with fear in her eyes.

“Okay, let’s all go to the living room. I’ll make us tea and such,” says Louis.

We all agree. Colleen sits on the couch watching the rest of us set the room up as if we’re having a huge sleepover. Louis walks in with a tray of drinks. “Tea for everyone and hot chocolate for Colleen.” He knows her as well as I do. She’s the only girl I’ve ever met that doesn’t like hot tea or hot coffee. We all take a seat on the floor; Colleen is in my lap as I lean onto the couch with Louis to her left, his hand in hers while she leans against me. El is on his right, next Niall and Andrea, Zayn and Perrie, and finally Kaitlyn and Liam.

Zayn stares intently at her. Sitting here, in a circle, makes me realize how much they all care for her. She’s the youngest of the girls, and second youngest next to me. I still can’t figure out how a girl as strong as her could change so much. I would kill the bastard who ruined her life if he wasn’t already in prison.

“Okay…” says Colleen. “Well… Before you guys left for tour Harry and I decided that it wouldn’t work while we were apart… So we broke up, you could say.” She takes a deep breath.

***

I didn’t want this day to come, but we both knew it would. Colleen and I have been talking about this for a while, and I don’t want it to happen. I leave for tour tomorrow; we both agreed that it would be too stressful for us to hold this relationship while be separated.

“I wish it didn’t have to be this way…” she says, “So much for you announcing me as your girlfriend while in Germany.”

“Don’t do this, Colleen. It hurts me as much as it hurts you.”

“Then why are we doing this?”

“Because we’re afraid of what might happen if our feelings change for one another,” I caress her cheek.

She places her hand over mine, “I don’t want to do this,” whispers Colleen.

“Me either.” Before we can say anything else I kiss her one last time; tears beginning to fall from our eyes. “I’m going to miss you so much.”

“Just don’t go finding too many girls, okay?” she teases.

“A hundred thousand girls couldn’t compare with you.”

“Goodbye, Harry,” she cries.

“Goodbye, Colleen.” We depart knowing it would be too much if we said goodbye right before I left. I kiss her one last time; hugging her close to me.

***

“I didn’t think I could date anyone else after the way Harry treated me. I didn’t really try either… But one day a man came into my work, and I found him very attractive. Even though I loved Harry, whether I knew it at the time or not, I knew he wouldn’t want me to hold myself back. The man asked me out, and I said yes,” Colleen begins to tense up; and inhales deeply. She looks over at Louis.