6. Jobs

{Sandgem Town | Sandgem High School}

As I walked out of the building, I heard screams of commotion and rolled my eyes

As I walked out of the building, I heard screams of commotion and rolled my eyes. Passing the crowd, I noticed Ash standing with an apologetic face beside his new Pikachu. The Pokémon also looked guilty and once I got closer, I could see why.

It had an impressive Thundershock, one that I wanted my Elekid to strengthen.

"You barbecued my bike!" Dawn wailed, along with Misty and May.

All three of their bikes were lying in a pile of burnt metal and I stifled a laugh. I mean, this Pikachu had to be pretty strong to kill three bikes at once.

At that moment, Troublesome turned around and caught my eye, quickly walking to me, "Hey Lavender."

"What do you want?"

"Could I register your Pokémon? I've got everyone else's, but you're just like a shadow."

I rolled my eyes, pulling out my Poké Ball and releasing Elekid, who sparked his fists with a quick smirk.

"Wow!" Dawn giggled as she flicked her Pokédex open and quickly saved the data, "If only he was as purple."

I sighed in reply and turned away to leave as May walked up to us, a goofy smile on her face.

"Misty and I are going to carpool with Gary, Drew and Ash. Thank Arceus we live in the same building. How are you getting home Dawn?"

The bluenette smiled, "No need to worry, I'll just walk."

"Why don't you give her a lift Paul?" May suggested.

I frowned.

"C'mon, you have that big motorbike."

"Actually, I'll be okay," Troublesome interrupted, "I've got a shift to go to, so I'll be heading out."

After a nervous wave, Dawn quickly began walking away as May sighed, "I didn't know she had a job, you?"

"Why would I?" I snorted, though I was faintly curious.

"Wanna follow her?" May whispered slowly.

I paused, "Isn't that private?"

"You are such a bore," The brunette groaned, "she might have a second identity, I wanna see!"

I responded with a huff, "I already have to deal with one troublesome, don't start becoming another."

She giggled, "That's fine, you can keep her."

I didn't even bother to respond to May, instead, I walked in the direction Dawn had gone in.

~~•~•~~

{Poffin House | Route 204}

I ended up hiding outside a small, homely shop with May, watching Dawn make and package homemade poffins. She seemed experienced, and there was a large queue of young adults outside.