19. Tracking

{Room 203 | Sandgem High School} 

"I saw the confession video, what was that?" Kenny asked me curiously as I eyed the clock

I shrugged, "Just a load of spiteful crap."

He looked at me for a couple seconds and then grinned, "You've changed."

I rolled my eyes and stood up as Gary threw a paper ball at me,"Psst!"

Riley seemed too busy writing something down to notice.

"Yes, spikey?" I turned around to face him.

"Paul, Leaf and I are going to Oreburgh Museum for any information. You in?"

I shook my head, "I've got an extra lesson, I'll pass."

"If you say so."

As the bell rang and everyone walked out, I noticed Riley walk out with them. Figuring he was doing an errand and would return for our aura lesson, I sat patiently after releasing  Riolu.

"He's taking long." Stranger remarked.

"I know, let's check his desk for information." I stood up as he followed.

A bright yellow piece of paper lay on the table and I picked it up curiously, was it for me?

Dear Dawn,

Touch my hat, feel the aura and try to trace it back to where I am. Stranger and you can work together. Good luck finding me.

Riley.

I looked beside the note and saw his iconic hat, for once not on his head. Looking back at Stranger, who seemed keen to start, I smiled.

"Let's start."

After placing a paw on the hat, his ears stood straight for a second, then he tilted his head, "You try Dawn, it's too weak."

I nodded and placed my hand on it, slowly feeling an unusual sense in my mind. I closed my eyes tightly and began to see a vision of different hallways. It was hazy, but they looked familiar. The soft blue of the wall indicated that the stairs led to the third floor.

"I think I can see the places he's been through, lets go!" I told Stranger.

He nodded and jumped after me as I walked out of the class, running through the corridor.

"Dawn?" I came to a halt, turning to see Lucas and Ash staring in confusion.

"Hi guys, what are you doing?" I smiled breathlessly.

"Just grabbing some equipment for Maylene. Why are you in such a rush, Piplup?" Lucas grinned, and I stared down at the floor in embarrassment.

"Umm," I paused, brushing my loose strands of hair away, "I've also got an errand to run. I need to find Riley."